What seat do you use?

Posted 7th Sep
So I’m after some suggestions, I’ve got a g920 steering wheel all set up on a rig. I can’t afford a playseat, also I might be too heavy for one also (16st 10)

I’ve stopped using it as I was using my kitchen chair; however that’s not rigid enough to play for more than 30 mins without my back aching.

I look at ‘gaming’ chairs however they have wheels on which isn’t suitable.

Does anyone have any alternatives they could suggest? Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
ebay for a random sports seat from a car?
Knock up a base that can fasten to the rig.
mas9907/09/2020 09:53

ebay for a random sports seat from a car?Knock up a base that can fasten …ebay for a random sports seat from a car?Knock up a base that can fasten to the rig.

41854447-u5lnb.jpg
It’s basically this so can’t attach an actual seat to it. However I have read about it. I was thinking maybe just a chair that it semi comfortable until I’ve got the funds to get something a little more authentic eg playseat etc.
Ordinary chairs dont support you in the same way that a car seat does.

When driving your feet are in the air and you're leant back rather than upright.

You could bolt a car seat to a couple of lengths of 3x2 or get a local engineering place to knock up some legs . - depends if you have the space i suppose.
How about a gaming/office chair where you’ve left the wheels off when building it?

It might be too low, but only you’ll know that depending on tour size and the rig you’ve got already
Edited by: "Cakeboy79" 7th Sep
I use a Playseat Challenge with my G29 and Pedals. Folds up to be easily stored.

amazon.co.uk/Pla…ZDS

I paid £110 for mine in a Lightining sale in 2016. but its currently around £150.
There are a few on eBay at the moment.

I'm a "bit" heavier than you and have had no problems with it for the last 3 years.
Also have a playseat challenge with a G29, I'm 6ft 5" and around 17 stone and not had any problems whatsoever, feels like it could take a lot more. Would definitely recommend saving for one of these chairs, nothing else (cheaper) comes close.
Ok, seems like the playseat is the way forward then!! May look into an actual car seat for it though. Read somewhere about someone swapping the seat over for one from an Mx-5 lol
chrisdwiliams07/09/2020 14:14

Ok, seems like the playseat is the way forward then!! May look into an …Ok, seems like the playseat is the way forward then!! May look into an actual car seat for it though. Read somewhere about someone swapping the seat over for one from an Mx-5 lol

ah it's the Playseat Challenge you need, you can't swap the seat out of that one, it all folds up with the wheels and pedal attached too which is perfect!

argos.co.uk/pro…912

just an example, may be cheaper elsewhere
SunTzu07/09/2020 15:52

ah it's the Playseat Challenge you need, you can't swap the seat out of …ah it's the Playseat Challenge you need, you can't swap the seat out of that one, it all folds up with the wheels and pedal attached too which is perfect!https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6257912just an example, may be cheaper elsewhere

Do you have the gear stick on your setup?
yes, had to make a little bracket for it though. You can buy ones people have made but I just had a look at one of them and realised it was just super simple to replicate with a couple of bolts and a piece of wood. Shame Playseat have never done an official one, you'd think there would be plenty of demand?
Been using my desk chair for my racing wheel for 5 years now, I just plop these underneath. I bought some from Wilkinsons many moons ago for cheap, and they work perfectly.

I considered the Playseat prior, but with this simple solution I never bothered.

So no need to take the wheels off an existing chair.

amazon.co.uk/Rub…c=1
darkstryder36008/09/2020 16:59

Been using my desk chair for my racing wheel for 5 years now, I just plop …Been using my desk chair for my racing wheel for 5 years now, I just plop these underneath. I bought some from Wilkinsons many moons ago for cheap, and they work perfectly.I considered the Playseat prior, but with this simple solution I never bothered.So no need to take the wheels off an existing chair. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rubber-Base-Castor-Cups-Lifeswonderful®/dp/B07MZB5P7X/ref=asc_df_B07MZB5P7X/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309816008334&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9989359345422620686&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006500&hvtargid=pla-634208352178&psc=1

So just a cheap gaming chair with these?
chrisdwiliams08/09/2020 17:01

So just a cheap gaming chair with these?

I've been using this (which I got from a car boot sale for £10) for 5 years, and been using 3 wheel rubber castor things on my faux-wood floor.

ikea.com/gb/…52/

No issues at all. I can imagine a nice and comfy gaming chair would be much better feeling
Post a comment
@
    Text