What second hand ladies hybrid bike brand/model should I look out for? £100-£150

5 replies
Found 13th Sep 2016
I'm looking for a ladies bike for a 5 foot female. From reading other posts a lot of people have recommended going second hand but I don't know what brand/model to look out for. Any recommendations for likely around £100-£150?

I'd also be happy with new around that price - I've seen the Halfords road bike posted recently but after a hybrid ideally.

Appreciate anyone's input.

5 Comments

I recently bought a new Carrera Hybrid from Halfords for £160. It's pretty light and the 16" frame was ideal for my wife who's about 5ft2.

halfords.com/cyc…ike

Original Poster

Caulcano

I recently bought a new Carrera Hybrid from Halfords for £160. It's … I recently bought a new Carrera Hybrid from Halfords for £160. It's pretty light and the 16" frame was ideal for my wife who's about 5ft2.http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes/carrera-parva-womens-hybrid-bike

I've looked at this one so thank you for the recommendation. If I don't go second hand then this could be the choice.

wedgec

I've looked at this one so thank you for the recommendation. If I don't … I've looked at this one so thank you for the recommendation. If I don't go second hand then this could be the choice.

I would say go for this. You cant go wrong for the price

try your local supermarket for sale boards

picked up a Brompton cheaper than anywhere else

cycleking.co.uk/adu…tml
I bought myself one of these in April, and absolutely love it. I'm 5'5" and just over 8 stone and find this a really easy ride. I use my pannier rack but it is on the heavy side so although it comes with the bike you could take it off if you wanted to reduce the weight. I'm no expert on bikes, and looked for a second hand one as all the advice was that was the way to get a good deal, but there simply wasn't anything locally when I wanted to buy. I replaced an old mountain bike and this has been so much better/faster. I use it several days a week for commuting to work, and then at weekends for longer rides.
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 13th Sep 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien626
    2. Sonos Amazon Echo discount code beg thread78
    3. Electric Bike Advice.33
    4. putting dry clean only through washing machne109

See more discussions