What should be the first Blu-Ray I should buy?

22 replies
Found 13th Jul 2009
Just bought me a Blu-Ray player for my new TV. Now comes the hard part, what should I buy to christen it with!!!???

I've gone for the Starship Troopers Box Set which is really hot at the moment, but not sure what else I should get.

Any suggestions?

1. Misc
  2. Blu-Ray
22 Comments

no country for old men, oh Hostel its even more gory in highe definition :thumbsup:

Dark knight

Sunshine

http://images.blu-ray.com/reviews/230_5_large.jpg

Iron Man
Dark Knight

Have a look at blogcritics.org/vid…cs/

Just google "best blu-rays" :P

the 300?

Dark Knight i'll have to agree with

dark knight is goo, however, 'The Fall' is supposed to be visualy the most impressive bluray you can see, I really want to see it (3 pints in the local is obviously more important to me!!!!)

Planet Earth FFS !

a film you like!

Banned

transformers....but only if you have some quality speakers to go with..amp it up and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Well Ive had a ps3 for some time now and I bought my first blu-ray on saturday just gone.

Appleseed: Ex Machina

WOW, Anime's really look good in HD:w00t:

You could try sin city as well, great transfer but depends if you like the film as it's hit and miss for some

bazzaric;5737300

the 300?

The 300? or 300?
But yes yes yes! The DVD is crap, but the bluray rocks! Ive watched it at least 5 times already! But you need some speakers to ensure full quality is reached!

kapows;5737662

transformers....but only if you have some quality speakers to go … transformers....but only if you have some quality speakers to go with..amp it up and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Again agreed but in need of speakers and preferably a half decent powered sub!

kyalion;5737646

Planet Earth FFS !

kapows;5737662

transformers....but only if you have some quality speakers to go … transformers....but only if you have some quality speakers to go with..amp it up and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

NFS;5738137

You could try sin city as well, great transfer but depends if you like … You could try sin city as well, great transfer but depends if you like the film as it's hit and miss for some

:thumbsup:

Black Hawk Down is prob one of the most impressive Blu Rasy ive seen. And a cracking film too.

spud131;5738647

Black Hawk Down is prob one of the most impressive Blu Rasy ive seen. And … Black Hawk Down is prob one of the most impressive Blu Rasy ive seen. And a cracking film too.

u kidding?

BHD looking good is an avfourms myth

it uses the older blu-ray tech,
just like the first Terminator 2 BD's

good film though :thumbsup:

I dont know why you went for the Starship Troopers Boxset, the first film was amazing and probably worth buying on its own but those other 2 were DREADFUL!

I liked Pixars CARS.

>>>>>>>

cause it was 4.49 m8

Dark Knight - Iron Man - Wall-E

Original Poster

milewide;5739078

I dont know why you went for the Starship Troopers Boxset, the first film … I dont know why you went for the Starship Troopers Boxset, the first film was amazing and probably worth buying on its own but those other 2 were DREADFUL!I liked Pixars CARS.

Went for it cause I reckon the first one is worth the money alone. The other two were really bad, but there is no chance any of them will be the first in the player!

I think I'll probably go for the Dark Knight, followed closely by 300 and Blade Runner (read that it's amazing on BD)

Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep them coming though!

Planet Earth is also very good, my girl friend bough it for me for my birthday (it's about £20now?)

I only have Dark Knight + Planet Earth, I hope to stock up on blu-rays once I have some spare cash
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Foo fighters pre sale code23
    2. Foo fighters presale code.1818
    3. Is this junction box wired properly??813
    4. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?22

See more discussions