What should I buy my ....??? [Gift ideas]

12 replies
Found 19th Dec 2016
I need to buy some last minute gifts, the criteria as follows;

Subject: Aunt x 2

Interests: specifically - unknown, generally - events prior to 1985

Budget: £50 each including delivery and potential gift wrapping.

Any suggestions welcome.

Feel free to use this as a base for similar problems as mine.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Have a bouquet of flowers delivered

I hate these kind of threads.

"Help me buy a gift for somebody you don't know and have never met. Here is absolutely no information about them to help you with your suggestions."

An idea, OP. Ask them if they would like anything, or ask other family members what they might like.

Not much information to go off here so I'd suggest gift vouchers.

get your aunts some nice lingerie and a train ticket to mine

I would order a nice food gift hamper or one containing chocolates and a bottle of something. Amazon have some nice "Christmassy" ones and it would be free next day delivery if you are a prime member.

Electric salt and pepper grinder with fancy salt and pepper in
From the very limited info you gave they sound old so they won't want to use a manual grinder. Everyone uses salt and pepper. So even an ideal gift for the not so old.

If they're tech savvy Amazon dot.

Cashmere scarf

This day in history one per day calendar. Or women's history one per day

Extra info that would be helpful for future posts would be age, kids/pets
Edited by: "Sashim" 19th Dec 2016

RossD89

I hate these kind of threads."Help me buy a gift for somebody you don't … I hate these kind of threads."Help me buy a gift for somebody you don't know and have never met. Here is absolutely no information about them to help you with your suggestions."An idea, OP. Ask them if they would like anything, or ask other family members what they might like.

No information on how old they are either X)

Original Poster

Haha thanks for the input guys.

I think hamper is a great shout and what I will go with! But I had to mark the lingerie/train ticket combo as best answer.

Original Poster

They are 68 and 74 respectively.

No kids

No pets

But I think the generic aunt gift ideas have been perfect

Have a look on BHS they did have some hampers reduced.

Original Poster

Why is someone bothering to downvote comments in this thread? No one is posting false information, if you have that amount of free time on your hands to do this then seeiously go reconsider your life and find a way to spend your time more effectively.

Seriously petty. (Go crazy on the downvotes on this comment)

The_Green_Blaster

Why is someone bothering to downvote comments in this thread? No one is … Why is someone bothering to downvote comments in this thread? No one is posting false information, if you have that amount of free time on your hands to do this then seeiously go reconsider your life and find a way to spend your time more effectively.Seriously petty. (Go crazy on the downvotes on this comment)

People down vote all the time on the Ask forum,I've no idea why when people are just trying to help.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

See more discussions