What should I replace my iPhone 7 with?

Posted 11th Jan
The battery life on my iPhone 7 is getting ridiculous. I’m thinking about defecting to another brand but I’ve had iPhones for many years. What’s good these days?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
iPhone XR is a good upgrade. Excellent battery, reasonable price.
Iphones are good lol. Agree on the XR statement. An 8 would be an almost like for like with new battery and cheap if you wanted to keep to a low budget. XR if you wanted to spend more. Androids are cheaper usually but coming away from IOS is a downgrade in usability and stability for most.
Pretty comfortable with my XR, you don’t need the silly XS or even 11 to be honest unless you take a lot of selfies.

XR is pretty cheap to pick up too, upgraded from 8 and will be holding on to the XR for a while.
Can't go wrong with a note 9/10
Samsung S10!!
Note 8/9
What’s your budget?
JumpMan198011/01/2020 15:58

What’s your budget?

About £300 + whatever I can sell an iPhone 7 for.
joxeruk200011/01/2020 18:09

About £300 + whatever I can sell an iPhone 7 for.

£500 will get you a mint iPhone XS
Xs >xr
X>xr
Most likely iPhone 9/se2 is coming out in next few months £400 -£500 . I would suggest waiting if possible . Old design , upgraded internals and Touch ID most likely (not a fan of face id)
saeed281012/01/2020 01:18

Most likely iPhone 9/se2 is coming out in next few months £400 -£500 . I w …Most likely iPhone 9/se2 is coming out in next few months £400 -£500 . I would suggest waiting if possible . Old design , upgraded internals and Touch ID most likely (not a fan of face id)

Wow didn’t know this! Yeah I miss Touch ID too, Face ID can b very frustrating at times
Edited by: "nazmul555" 13th Jan
@joxer17uk2000 I’m also looking to get an upgrade from my iPhone 7, tempted to get the XR as my battery in the 7 isn’t great.
Most people are saying the battery in the XR is brilliant, I’ve had the 7 for 2 and half years and just looking for a upgrade now.
nazmul55513/01/2020 02:40

Wow didn’t know this! Yeah I miss Touch ID too, Face ID can b very f …Wow didn’t know this! Yeah I miss Touch ID too, Face ID can b very frustrating at times

I don’t understand why they don’t put Touchid in the power button or why not in the rear Apple Logo , surely Apple does have the power of R&D to make that happen .
Ah the days when you could buy latest iPhone for £500-ish ..

WorKev13/01/2020 10:04

@joxer17uk2000 I’m also looking to get an upgrade from my iPhone 7, t …@joxer17uk2000 I’m also looking to get an upgrade from my iPhone 7, tempted to get the XR as my battery in the 7 isn’t great.Most people are saying the battery in the XR is brilliant, I’ve had the 7 for 2 and half years and just looking for a upgrade now.

If it’s working then simply pop in Apple store for original battery replacement for £50 . Though it can be repaired for less with a copy battery around £20-30, original battery comes with battery health % in the settings .
saeed281013/01/2020 10:39

I don’t understand why they don’t put Touchid in the power button or why no …I don’t understand why they don’t put Touchid in the power button or why not in the rear Apple Logo , surely Apple does have the power of R&D to make that happen . Ah the days when you could buy latest iPhone for £500-ish .. If it’s working then simply pop in Apple store for original battery replacement for £50 . Though it can be repaired for less with a copy battery around £20-30, original battery comes with battery health % in the settings .

I was thinking about that cos the next iPhone is probably just the same. It’s on 81% and says service.
It’s probably about 2 year old. My wife gave it to me when she upgraded. Is it just a quick swap out or do they have to keep it for a day or so?
joxeruk200013/01/2020 14:53

I was thinking about that cos the next iPhone is probably just the same. …I was thinking about that cos the next iPhone is probably just the same. It’s on 81% and says service. It’s probably about 2 year old. My wife gave it to me when she upgraded. Is it just a quick swap out or do they have to keep it for a day or so?

Same day repair at Apple , need to book an appointment usually . Mine took 2 hours in Manchester Arndale Center (very busy store apparently )
joxeruk200013/01/2020 14:53

I was thinking about that cos the next iPhone is probably just the same. …I was thinking about that cos the next iPhone is probably just the same. It’s on 81% and says service. It’s probably about 2 year old. My wife gave it to me when she upgraded. Is it just a quick swap out or do they have to keep it for a day or so?

You have to erase and backup your phone then give it in for battery replacement
A banana
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions