What should I spend £300 on?

Found 16th Jan 2016
I'm getting £300 to spend from my employer as an award for 10 years service. It has to be spent on a something solid, not a holiday or vouchers etc.
I'm thinking either a PS4 bundle or 2x sonos play1s, or some really good headphones.
Any other suggestions?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
37 Comments

like that guy on power ball, spend it on load of cocaine and bunch of hookers.

Original Poster

sammboy

like that guy on power ball, spend it on load of cocaine and bunch of … like that guy on power ball, spend it on load of cocaine and bunch of hookers.

Been there, done that, got the t shirt. Need more suggestions...

A little ingot of gold.

Surely you must know yourself (or have some idea of) what you would like to spend your own money on without having to resort to asking strangers on the internet...

Pity you can't buy a different employer as 300 quid is a bit rubbish for 10 years service

taiko

Pity you can't buy a different employer as 300 quid is a bit rubbish for … Pity you can't buy a different employer as 300 quid is a bit rubbish for 10 years service

It's £300 more than a lot of employers give!

taiko

Pity you can't buy a different employer as 300 quid is a bit rubbish for … Pity you can't buy a different employer as 300 quid is a bit rubbish for 10 years service

​What did or will you get from your employer for 10 years service?

cornishjones

​What did or will you get from your employer for 10 years service?

got a blue peter badge.

add some more money and spend it on a phone

£300 on headphones

Sonos, definitely worth it.

Ps4

Spend it on gold, cash it in for he cash then spend it on eating out and having fun;)

Down load IG and buy the German 30

5.1 surround sound.
Kitchen appliance
push bike
garden furniture, garden equipment,
new bed or matteress
tropical fish tank
nice suit,
t.v
Phone,
and well done to your boss. I got no extra money but i got 5 days extra leave after 10 years.
Edited by: "cornishscouse" 16th Jan 2016

taiko

​I get £250 after 25. Only 16 more years to go!

a laptop would always come in useful

Botox

CP trainers.

nrackham76

Spend it on gold, cash it in for he cash then spend it on eating out and … Spend it on gold, cash it in for he cash then spend it on eating out and having fun;)

This

ps4

An pet crocodile called Derek.

Original Poster

Shatwell

An pet crocodile called Derek.

Ridiculous idea.

I already have one called Derek.

Is there anything you need for your home, not eh most exciting thing i know but at least it will be useful and something you need

some real life friends so you dont have to resort to this sort of thing again

a decent hdmi lead

Donate it to a charity, I just recently set one up for support the Matthew's =D

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hd141x-full-hd-home-cinema-3d-projector-72-manual-projector-screen-399-99-currys-2362799

Home cinema projector

depends.. if you can get the cash, keep it for a rainy day.. if you must purchase something,
up to you, what you need. This is a bonus so spend it on something that makes you happy.

I got some tip-ex and could sell you my 15 years service certificate for £300. Even throw in the pin badge also for free!

With mine I used it towards a holiday with my late partner.

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 16th Jan 2016

Banned

spend it on meeeee.

kidding . a nice holiday, I think you deserve one

Depends what your into.

Personally I'd probably spent it on either £300 of premium bonds (~15% chance of winning something per year held) or stuff it in the bank until the weather picks up and spend it on motorcycle lessons or towards first big bike.

give it to charity

why does it have to spent on something solid ? is this the employers terms ?

I took my missus away for a night in a hotel courtesy of my 10 years service via my employer, could get a decent night/weekend away for that :-)

wozukSilencer

why does it have to spent on something solid ? is this the employers … why does it have to spent on something solid ? is this the employers terms ?

This! I think it's very controlling of the employer to put conditions on the money! I would have thought that a lovely short break abroad would be ideal, but it's not "solid". Ridiculous.

do you have a tablet? ipads are pretty useful things to have. the nexus 9 at £160 at currys is a total bargain if you can get one. ps4/xb1 both fun and worth having if you don't have one and do play games. £300 worth of beer would be pretty cool
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions