Groups

What size memory stick for a PSP please

Hi sons birthday today and got him a PSP. Didnt realise he would need a memory stick. From experience can someone tell me what size would be best to get.
    Thanks.

11 Comments

I've got the 1gb card in mine... I find that more than enough for me.. although of course it depends how much Music etc you want to put on there.

He doesn't need a memory stick. What are you going to put on it?

Original Poster

Thanks is the memory stick just for the music or is it to save there games as well. Thanks for suck a quick reply.

Original Poster

sorry saint didnt see your reply...is the memory stick just for extra like music in which case we can wait a few days or does he need it to progress in games which is all he is doing at the mo.

Yep, unfortunately you need a stick for save games.
    If updating the official firmware you need a stick to download and save the update file.
    Basically you need a stick to make the most out of the psp.
    Depending on what else you want on there (songs, movies etc...)
    1gb is ok but a 4gb is better especially for movies.

Here's an official 4gb sony mark 2 which is a good price IMO:
    play.com/Ele…tml

Goofey's Girl;6015729

sorry saint didnt see your reply...is the memory stick just for extra … sorry saint didnt see your reply...is the memory stick just for extra like music in which case we can wait a few days or does he need it to progress in games which is all he is doing at the mo.

It is needed to save his progress in games.

They can also hold music, films and even full games.

If he only will do this(save games), a 32mb will suffice. You can get one for free easily enough.
    If he is putting music on it, then a 1GB one would do.
    For music and films, then a 2GB - 4GB should be okay.
    For full games, 4-8GB is preferable.

Check out this thread to compare new prices:

]
    http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh89/thesaint01/saintmemory.jpg

Original Poster

Thanks guys you've really helped. Think as its new i will pay the extra and get the 4 which is still better as i looked on amazon and there were 8 and 16 which i thought i might need and they are quite expensve.
    Have a nice day.

Original Poster

Thanks Saint we seem to type at the same time.
    This site always astonishes me how people go out of their way to help.
    Thanks.

Goofey's Girl;6015773

Thanks guys you've really helped. Think as its new i will pay the extra … Thanks guys you've really helped. Think as its new i will pay the extra and get the 4 which is still better as i looked on amazon and there were 8 and 16 which i thought i might need and they are quite expensve.Have a nice day.

Have a nice day yourself.

I'm sure your son will like his Birthday:gift::thumbsup:

Banned

I have 16GB and even thats full up at the moment! 4GB should be enough though.

Look at The Saint, link (on the picture)
    He KNOWS.... for sure
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1836
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?44
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767134
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047071

See more discussions