What Smart Watch - Birthday Present Ideas

Found 19th Sep 2017
Hi fellow deal hunters,

My dad's birthday is coming up and we'd like to get him a smart watch with a heart rate monitor.

He has an android phone so there are plenty of compatible devices around... that being said, its hard to know what a good one is.

I saw this recent deal:
hotukdeals.com/dea…495

However the watch has been around for a while, are their any others on the market which look like a traditional watch but have all the smart functions, especially a heart rate monitor and under £200?

Thanks in advance

(Looking to pair the watch to a Elephone P9000)
((He currently uses a Pebble 2 - which is no longer trading and the watch often disconnects from the phone))
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Nokia (formerly Withings) Steel HR is my smartwatch of choice. Does everything of it that you are asking (and under the price point), long battery life (weeks not days) and waterproof.
Original Poster
ipswich789 m ago

Nokia (formerly Withings) Steel HR is my smartwatch of choice. Does …Nokia (formerly Withings) Steel HR is my smartwatch of choice. Does everything of it that you are asking (and under the price point), long battery life (weeks not days) and waterproof.

I was just taking a look into that... its looking like a winner so far, any ideas who may have it in stock?
jai478 m ago

I was just taking a look into that... its looking like a winner so far, …I was just taking a look into that... its looking like a winner so far, any ideas who may have it in stock?

Sorry no, can't help on that one. I bought it direct from their website around about December last year - I signed up to be notified when it was launched and did receive an email to a link where I could buy it before it was publically available on the website.
jai4736 m ago

I was just taking a look into that... its looking like a winner so far, …I was just taking a look into that... its looking like a winner so far, any ideas who may have it in stock?

wait till they release the revised version. I have the Withings one (not Nokia which is due in autumn) and it suffers from a nasty condensation.The Nokia HR apparently will have this rectified.
But yeah it is a brilliant watch
mattsk19 m ago

wait till they release the revised version. I have the Withings one (not …wait till they release the revised version. I have the Withings one (not Nokia which is due in autumn) and it suffers from a nasty condensation.The Nokia HR apparently will have this rectified.But yeah it is a brilliant watch

Ah, I thought it was just mine! Have you raised this with Withings as an issue?
ipswich7818 m ago

Ah, I thought it was just mine! Have you raised this with Withings as an …Ah, I thought it was just mine! Have you raised this with Withings as an issue?

ohh yeah.... got 50 quid voucher (or a free scale whichever I wanted) and will get the replacement when its out
mattsk15 m ago

ohh yeah.... got 50 quid voucher (or a free scale whichever I wanted) and …ohh yeah.... got 50 quid voucher (or a free scale whichever I wanted) and will get the replacement when its out

Ah cool.... Emailing being sent to Withings / Nokia right away! If you don't mind me asking how long ago did you mention the issue?
ipswich781 h, 0 m ago

Ah cool.... Emailing being sent to Withings / Nokia right away! If you …Ah cool.... Emailing being sent to Withings / Nokia right away! If you don't mind me asking how long ago did you mention the issue?

initial report somewhere in feb/march which they claimed was expected to happen.... then the condensation got worse so around may time I have asked again and they have acknowledged there is an issue... they offered me a scale (i have one allready) so picked the voucher and got the BP monitor
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants