What sofa would you recommend ?

Posted 31st Oct
I need to purchase a corner leather sofa bed with storage.
I have two kids and mum that comes to stay at times so need to put her bedding away in the sofa and also need it to be leather for easy cleaning.

Which sofa ( from where) would you recommend and also when is the best time to buy to save a bit?

Thank you for any recommendations
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
See if Next do anything. Their product is excellent quality and the after sales service is brilliant. If you decide you don't want it for some reason they will swap it for you.

You can buy cheaper from DFS etc but that is the base price at DFS, the Next price is the actual price.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 31st Oct
All I can recommend is not to go to scs. Thought we would splash out on lazy boys and have them last and good quality etc. When they arrived earlier than expected we hadn’t finished decorating the extension they were going in so didn’t unwrap them for a couple of weeks. They were broken, sharp staples hanging out, springs upside down etc. I got accused of being fat and breaking it. I’m not fat either. Rubbish customer service so just please don’t go there! Sofology had some nice ones when we were looking but can’t comment on how good they really are in use.
If you're looking for quality and willing to pay more then Furniture Village has one that fits your description , not sure if they do discount vouchers.

If you're looking for value then Argos has this and they've currently got a discount code to save an extra 20% when spending over £150 it's FURN20
Edited by: "mKc88" 31st Oct
Next have some good leather sofas from experience but not so sure on the storage. Best time to buy? Perhaps after Christmas during the sale period? If really can wait, mid January.
mKc8831/10/2019 17:47

If you're looking for quality and willing to pay more then Furniture …If you're looking for quality and willing to pay more then Furniture Village has one that fits your description , not sure if they do discount vouchers.If you're looking for value then Argos has this and they've currently got a discount code to save an extra 20% when spending over £150 it's FURN20

I have furniture village sofa now and after 3 years the leather has split the springs are poking me and even after several visits from them they haven’t done anything
The 10 year warrenty only on the frame itself, so was hoping to go else where this time.
In regards to Argos it’s a possibility as my first budget sofa was from there when was at uni and lasted me good 6 years before I decided to replace.
Thank you for your device
jude721931/10/2019 17:45

All I can recommend is not to go to scs. Thought we would splash out on …All I can recommend is not to go to scs. Thought we would splash out on lazy boys and have them last and good quality etc. When they arrived earlier than expected we hadn’t finished decorating the extension they were going in so didn’t unwrap them for a couple of weeks. They were broken, sharp staples hanging out, springs upside down etc. I got accused of being fat and breaking it. I’m not fat either. Rubbish customer service so just please don’t go there! Sofology had some nice ones when we were looking but can’t comment on how good they really are in use.

Oh wow that’s terrible after sale
I’ll stay away thank you for heads up
andrushka31/10/2019 18:38

I have furniture village sofa now and after 3 years the leather has split …I have furniture village sofa now and after 3 years the leather has split the springs are poking me and even after several visits from them they haven’t done anything The 10 year warrenty only on the frame itself, so was hoping to go else where this time.In regards to Argos it’s a possibility as my first budget sofa was from there when was at uni and lasted me good 6 years before I decided to replace.Thank you for your device

I'd expect more from furniture village especially when paying more, i'll keep that in mind. Sometimes the budget options can be pleasantly surprising.
Don't go to SCS Bad reputation on all forums
summerof7631/10/2019 21:56

Don't go to SCS Bad reputation on all forums

Yes thank you
Your second person that’s warning me of them
I will certainly give that one a miss lol
andrushka31/10/2019 22:37

Yes thank you Your second person that’s warning me of them I will c …Yes thank you Your second person that’s warning me of them I will certainly give that one a miss lol

Just put in any search engine SCS reviews or any other sofa company
Edited by: "summerof76" 1st Nov
I don't go with any of the usual suspects, SCS, DFS, Sofology etc.. had a really bad experience with Sofology, we actually got the three pieces suite we purchased from them re-upholstered and bolstered.

If you can find a good cheap second hand sofa and then get it re-upholstered, maybe that's the way to go.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants