What sort of cable do I need to watch internet on my tv?!

Found 29th Nov 2010
Can anybody tell me what type of cable I need to get to connect my samsung netbook to my HD TV to watch (with sound) you tube etc.

Thanks

16 Comments

VGA cable

Nad_84

VGA cable

Beat me to it

depends on the connections you have... netbooks dont tend to have many.

HDMI is preferable.

Original Poster

Cool thanks!

Nad_84

VGA cable

VGA won't give sound though, if you have an HDMI port then that will. If not then you will need a VGA cable and a 3.5mm male to male cable, there will be a slot next to the VGA port on your tv for the 3.5mm cable.

You will also need a 3.5mm to phono cable to get sound

Original Poster

mugglesquop

depends on the connections you have... netbooks dont tend to have … depends on the connections you have... netbooks dont tend to have many.HDMI is preferable.

Don't think the netbook has a HDMI connection, too high tech for this thing! Thanks

Original Poster

Nad_84

You will also need a 3.5mm to phono cable to get sound

Great, thanks

Laptop may have SVHS as well could do it that way. then again with it been a netbook probably not
Edited by: "newbie1001" 29th Nov 2010

You can pick one up on fleabay for less than 2 pounds

is a hdmi on a laptop the blue thing, like yr attaching a monitor, im on windows 7 and having problems myself, could u pm me as get lost findin the posts again. tnks

is a hdmi on a laptop the blue thing, like yr attaching a monitor, im on windows 7 and having problems myself, could u pm me as get lost findin the posts again. tnks

No, 'the blue thing' is likely to be the vga output. Hdmi out looks like you could plug an hdmi cable into it

tnks, i got a vga cable with the 3 cables in blue yellow and red, but when i put it in my tv, could not get the bloody thing to work, GRRR!!! lol

Does your tv have a vga connector same as the one on the laptop.if it does then you need a regular vga cable.if not you need a converter box which costs around £30

dorey69

tnks, i got a vga cable with the 3 cables in blue yellow and red, but … tnks, i got a vga cable with the 3 cables in blue yellow and red, but when i put it in my tv, could not get the bloody thing to work, GRRR!!! lol

no, ive just got vga on lappy and the 3 coulor thing on my tv, GRRR!! must be a easyer way. :((
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop46
    2. Gearbest Delivery Never Came - British Priority Mail1517
    3. Credit Card Debt Question...1118
    4. What is the best weight training app for iOS please?22

See more discussions