Groups

what speed is my ram?

what speed is my ram running at? i know its a pc2/6400 but is my laptop using the 800mhz speed?

13 Comments

Original Poster

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/shanecr/cpu-z.jpg

Original Poster

r13lah;4839913

2048 = 2gb of ram i think

i know its 2gb. i want to know what speed its running at. as in, is my laptop using it fully.

afaik yes 800Mhz, double the bus speed shown in brackets after type

Original Poster

brilly;4840096

afaik yes 800Mhz, double the bus speed shown in brackets after type

thankyou. i wasnt sure if cpu-z just showed the ram as what it was, or if it showed what it was actually running at right now.

no probs - best get someone to confirm but pretty sure thats just the bus speed shown
    so double data rate = double

Yes 400Mhz clock speed so 800 million 'data transfers per second'.

Original Poster

brilly;4840178

no probs - best get someone to confirm but pretty sure thats just the bus … no probs - best get someone to confirm but pretty sure thats just the bus speed shown so double data rate = double

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4840198

Yes 400Mhz clock speed so 800 million 'data transfers per second'.

thanks. so its not just showing what speed the ram IS but what the laptop is using it at. correct?

No cpuz just reads system info. You need to benchmark your ram to see how fast its going.
    Not done it myself but somebody suggested this to test it. ]http//do…tml

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4840281

No cpuz just reads system info. You need to benchmark your ram to see how … No cpuz just reads system info. You need to benchmark your ram to see how fast its going. Not done it myself but somebody suggested this to test it. ]http://downloads.guru3d.com/Sandra-XL-download-177.html

i'll give it a shot.

It tells you what speed the RAM's running at in the Memory tab. Chances are, it'll be 332.5MHz, which is the fastest most mobile Intel chipsets run it.

Original Poster

dxx;4840413

It tells you what speed the RAM's running at in the Memory tab. Chances … It tells you what speed the RAM's running at in the Memory tab. Chances are, it'll be 332.5MHz, which is the fastest most mobile Intel chipsets run it.

yeah. thats what it says there. so no point buying pc2/6400 for it then huh.

shanecr;4840434

yeah. thats what it says there. so no point buying pc2/6400 for it then … yeah. thats what it says there. so no point buying pc2/6400 for it then huh.

Yeah. It's probably worth checking what chipset you've got (Mainboard tab) and looking it up on the Wikipedia to see if it can support 400MHz RAM, mind you. You might be lucky. Luckier than me and my 2GB stick of PC6400 that I really wish I hadn't wasted £25 on, anyway :oops:

about 17 jiggahertz
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial914
      2. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​47
      3. word association Game72744173
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1424

See more discussions