Groups

what the hell do you buy someone for their 25th wedding anniversary?

Seriously stumped for ideas for my parents 25th wedding anniversary - no idea what to get them!
    any good ideas?

21 Comments

How much to spend??
    Less than £20
    Edited by: "audirob" 16th Jan 2011

A properly posed professional photograph of all the family together.

Something in silver is a start.

Original Poster

i know its gotta be silver hmmmm - im not feeling a picture frame....

at a top end i can probably spend forty quid - but it would have to be a joint present for both of them?

Original Poster

also chocolate is a no no.

group purchase maybe?
    How many can contribute?

I got something similar to this for a friends anniversary and put some champagne in it.
    It was one where you could put a picture on it as well as text, so put on a really old picture of them together.

http://****.co.uk/ws/…dll?ViewItem&item=120620755456&ih=002&category=115712&ssPageName=mem_guide:1&rd=1

Original Poster

yeah okay say at a top end if me and my sister go in about 80 quid

^^Thats ebay by the way

Original Poster

nikkib123

I got something similar to this for a friends anniversary and put some … I got something similar to this for a friends anniversary and put some champagne in it.It was one where you could put a picture on it as well as text, so put on a really old picture of them together.[quote=nikkib123]^^Thats ebay by the way

yeah I checked that out, nice idea and better because i know what kind of wine they like still - 16 quid for a wooden box is a bit steep?
    Edited by: "Mclovin" 16th Jan 2011

nikkib123

I got something similar to this for a friends anniversary and put some … I got something similar to this for a friends anniversary and put some champagne in it.It was one where you could put a picture on it as well as text, so put on a really old picture of them together.http://****.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120620755456&ih=002&category=115712&ssPageName=mem_guide:1&rd=1

nikkib123

^^Thats ebay by the way

Its something different though and I'm sure the one I got was cheaper.

What about a photo of them back in the day in a really nice silver frame?

Get their wedding day picture framed? Just in case they haven't already.

Leave home?

Original Poster

deek72

Leave home?

Hah I'm already away from home I wish that could use that as a gift tho....

If you do know the wines they like, and they are only occasional buyers of wine and not experts, then what about something like this:
    oddbins.com/pro…ase

debenhams.com/web…ame

Think you can still get 10% off and free delivery.

I must say that I did like the silver photo frame that I got for my 25th from my sister and mum. I put a wedding pic in it.

I prefer silver to silver plate, but,of course, that bumps up the price a lot.

Edited by: "chesso" 16th Jan 2011

divorse papers there free by the way

theatre tickets

a toaster
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)1317
      2. Just an thought regarding Paypal98
      3. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50034
      4. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?24