Expired

What the hell is a "stored water dispenser"?!

Found 6th Jan 2012
I am buying a new fridge freezer and looking at ones with ice machines/water dispensers. A few of them have what is described as a "stored water dispenser"! Now, I am presuming this means it is not plumbed in to the mains, but does that mean I have to run around with a little bucket, filling up a tank?! Does anyone have one of these stored water things and can tell me how they work as no where online seems to explain it!!!

10 Comments

it is a small tank that is removable normaly on the door.so when you fill it up with freah water you can full a cup with water without opening the fridge.like the americans fridge that you plum in to the mains but this one is not you full it up yourself

On my Samsung fridge I have a large Brita water filter jug which slots onto the inside of the door. Then you fill up your cup by pressing it against the lever on the outside of the door (so you don't have to open the fridge for a drink of water). The jug hold about 3 litres of water and you take the jug to the sink to refill so it depends how much water you will be using on how often you have to fill it.

The plumbed in ones are supposed to be very easy to plumb in, I kinda wish I got one of those ones instead but then again my fridge is not near my sink to be plumbed into.

Hope this helps x
Edited by: "Mrs.Z" 6th Jan 2012

I have had three of these in the past, it is what you think it is, attached to the inside of the fridge door there's a container or 'tank' that you fill up with water, it then keeps the water cool from within the fridge and readily available to be dispensed into a cup on the outside of the fridge

We use ours. It's great, got the kids drinking more water. Easy to fill and clean and use.

In the summer I buy plastic cups that I keep inside the fridge then the kids help themselves and no washing up lots of glasses for me.

I originally thought it would be a useless gimmick but its proved to be useful. It doesn't take long for the water to chill either.

Original Poster

Thanks all - sounds a bit rubbish to me though! I drink about 1.5-2l of water a day and the ones I've seen hold 2.2l so I think I'd rather use the tap!! Does anyone other than Mrs.Z know how easy the plumbed ones are to fit?

Banned

the lines on the plumbed on ones are tiny, does not need to be near a sink, well my sisters one is anyway
Edited by: "sassie" 6th Jan 2012

baffledsalmon

Thanks all - sounds a bit rubbish to me though! I drink about 1.5-2l of … Thanks all - sounds a bit rubbish to me though! I drink about 1.5-2l of water a day and the ones I've seen hold 2.2l so I think I'd rather use the tap!! Does anyone other than Mrs.Z know how easy the plumbed ones are to fit?

You need a source of cold water in the room that the fridge is in, and then a supply pipe taken from that to the fridge. I think that you'd really need a plumber to install it unless you're good at plumbing work yourself.

dga

The commercial installations in my place of work use push fit throughout … The commercial installations in my place of work use push fit throughout after the mounted filter.

The problem is getting the water to the filter. Generally, you would need a spur plumbed from an existing mains fed cold water source. Plumbing is not a job for the faint hearted (like me!).

Banned

RonChew

The problem is getting the water to the filter. Generally, you would need … The problem is getting the water to the filter. Generally, you would need a spur plumbed from an existing mains fed cold water source. Plumbing is not a job for the faint hearted (like me!).

Rocket science.

How do you be the jug out of the door to clean it? I was shocked today when I took the lid off to find the inside very dirty. Cleaning.ng the crevices in situ is difficult.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions