What the problem with Currys/PCworld?

I was kinda looking at the KS7000 from currys. but most comment recommend against currys. i bought a number of things over the year with currys and has no problem with them, but then again i haven't returned anything except a unopened phone which they refused due to i got the box dirty. will they be annoying to deal with if anything is wrong with the TV?

17 Comments

You kind of made your own point there.

Your English is very good. Getting there, I'd say, if pushed.

Their customers service is appalling.

Their customers service is an appalling disgrace and an embarrassment to them, i had the the unfortunate experience of going through hell trying to get a Blackberry tablet replaced by them,eventually went through Blackberry themselves.

Hmm, I bought some three data sims, one was already open when the man was scanning them, the sim had been popped out but he said, oh it is I'm there, I didn't want to complain or make a fuss as I thought well if it works it works. I've still yet to try it however.
Then he started opening them apparently to try and scan the barcode before saying oh I its got a window, I thought what what? What are you doing?? But not wanting to upset the balance I didn't say anything. Anyway I notice the one with the pushed out sim has a dent in it, I'm hoping it will work.
I did ask the man something about the sims he just shrugged and said I haven't got a clue.
So I do see what people are saying

I bought loads from currys, never had a problem

I like currys but would sooner have fish and chips

I've not had a problem, my last purchase was an air fryer, it was faulty made a weird noise, I videod it at home took it back showed them the video, gave me a new one straight away no problems.

Well for one they're usually more expensive that their competitors. As others have stated their customer care is terrible.
The only time I go into Currys is to have a closer look at an item I'll buy elsewhere, I can't fault them for that type of hospitality.

raptorcigs

Their customers service is an appalling disgrace and an embarrassment to … Their customers service is an appalling disgrace and an embarrassment to them, i had the the unfortunate experience of going through hell trying to get a Blackberry tablet replaced by them,eventually went through Blackberry themselves.

I went in with a blackberry tablet a couple of years ago in the last couple of months of its warranty, nowt was wrong with it apart from being a poor product for the time. I said it kept rebooting and they offered me a cash refund on the spot, whole process took 10 mins?

That was with their in-house knowhow?? Insurance which cost about a tenner.

A surprising and good experience.

I like going into Currys to look at what I want to buy cheaper from the internet, that's about their sole purpose of existence for me. They're kind of like a large internet show room

Not had good experiences with them in the past... So not keen to 'test' their customer service again. However, with price matching offered by the likes of John Lewis and Richer Sounds and their generally exceptional customer service why would you want to buy from anywhere else?

I've bought computer from Currys. In two months I've found it faulty (even had little thread about it in "ask" here on HUKD) so took it back ready to fight for replacement. I didn't have original package so just scotch taped couple of flat cardboards to the monitor. After everything I've read about them and their customer service I was really amazed when manager just simply asked me if I want same one or something else and replaced it...without any discussion and no problems at all.

I had a right mare with Currys with my last tv, Ended up having to be sent away with knowhow 3 times. HDMI ports got fried by lightning and needed the motherboard replacing, First they took away and broke the screen, Initially tried blaming me, They fixed the screen, Returned without fixing the fault it went in for. Sent away again, Came back all scratched like it had been dragged along a rough floor. Sent away again they replaced the casing but there was a tiny piece of glass in the bottom corner and the standby light didn't work. I didn't want to send it away again, They're incompetent, in hindsight I would have been within my rights to request a refund or replacement.

Original Poster

It seems there are alots of bad experience with them. But its strange how both Currys and John Lewis is with abysmal one star on UK trustpilot, yet everyone seems to recommend JL. Richersound had 4.5 star and i have bought recently from them with no problem but their policy on return seems quite bad. like dead pixel need to be in the middle or have something like 5 or more of them. and if you bought the TV and want to return it (no faults) you only get 90%(cant remember exact number) back. or is that normal for retailer?

So if not currys. any recommendation on retailer?

shauneco

I had a right mare with Currys with my last tv, Ended up having to be … I had a right mare with Currys with my last tv, Ended up having to be sent away with knowhow 3 times. HDMI ports got fried by lightning and needed the motherboard replacing, First they took away and broke the screen, Initially tried blaming me, They fixed the screen, Returned without fixing the fault it went in for. Sent away again, Came back all scratched like it had been dragged along a rough floor. Sent away again they replaced the casing but there was a tiny piece of glass in the bottom corner and the standby light didn't work. I didn't want to send it away again, They're incompetent, in hindsight I would have been within my rights to request a refund or replacement.

Here here

I buy quite a bit of electrical from everyone , ive bought two items from currys in 10 years theyre so bad , a pair of speakers reduced from £150 to £50. and a zerotouch vent last month reduced from £50 to £15 I'll only shop at currys when the price is worth the hassle , I took a laptop that hadnt even been opened back to them it was 2 days old , what a nightmare trying to get a refund got it eventually though when the friend I was with commented on what a nice audi the manager was driving which was parked outside of the store and no doubt isnt insured by currys , absolute nightmares to deal with until you have a problem with any of their stock
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help please - pc issues46
    2. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed68
    3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1419
    4. Import charges from USA11

See more discussions