What time does Ryanair online check-in open?

Found 30th Mar 2016
Online check-in (standard/free) opens 7 days before flying. It says it opens 31 March (we are flying 7th April)

I have not pre-booked seats but hope to get seats together.

Does anyone know if it opens at midnight tonight to check-in? Or will it be around 9am online tomorrow?

Thanks!
Community Updates
AskRyanair
15 Comments
You dont get seats together for checking in online as far as I remember, its first come first served any time ive been on their flights, you just get into the queue with everyone else
victor99

You dont get seats together for checking in online as far as I remember, … You dont get seats together for checking in online as far as I remember, its first come first served any time ive been on their flights, you just get into the queue with everyone else

Says when you check in online that you will receive randomly allocated seats- I assume you find out these seat numbers then and there at time of checking in online as you can then print your boarding passes. If there are 4 seats available together I would assume they would allocate them to us? Assuming a bit much from a budge airline perhaps?!
Edited by: "ellie27" 30th Mar 2016
When you check in on line, they will see how many people are on your booking and normally you'll get seats together, and yes you can check in on line from tomorrow, the will give you your seat numbers and you'll just have to print your boarding passes off
Ryan air has stopped first come first served and queuing now, everyone is allocated a seat.......we had a party of 7 travelling last month and we all had seats together.....enjoy your hoilday ......
alyharry

When you check in on line, they will see how many people are on your … When you check in on line, they will see how many people are on your booking and normally you'll get seats together, and yes you can check in on line from tomorrow, the will give you your seat numbers and you'll just have to print your boarding passes offRyan air has stopped first come first served and queuing now, everyone is allocated a seat.......we had a party of 7 travelling last month and we all had seats together.....enjoy your hoilday ......

My main question is .... will I be able to check in online in 30 mins as it will be 31st March then? Or will I have to wait til a specific time on 31st March to check in online?
ellie27

My main question is .... will I be able to check in online in 30 mins as … My main question is .... will I be able to check in online in 30 mins as it will be 31st March then? Or will I have to wait til a specific time on 31st March to check in online?

Why don't you just wait and see? oO
RossD89

Why don't you just wait and see? oO

Thats what I am doing. Usually in bed at this time! In my pjs with my book waiting....tick tock....12 mins to go!
Even if you get seats together you still need to make sure that you turn up for check-in with plenty of time to spare.

I've seen, on far too many occasions, people who have arrived later than advised (not late but cutting it fine) and had their seat numbers changed and split up. It happened last month with my friends as they faffed about and were far too cocky about their 'allocated seating'. They ended up 9 aisles away from each other. Turns out the hubby was thrilled as his wife snores but she was mightily unimpressed.
sickly sweet

Even if you get seats together you still need to make sure that you turn … Even if you get seats together you still need to make sure that you turn up for check-in with plenty of time to spare.

But you check-in online not at the airport. I guess you mean you have saw folks seats changed at the boarding gates? I guess that can happen, we will try get there early.

Online checkin supposed to open on 31st March for my flight....it is now 31st March but not able to check in yet.....think I will just have to go to bed and try in the morning!
Stayed past midnight and no luck.....next thing I realised it was almost 1am so decided to wait til then and sure enough I was able to check in just after 1am, all 4 seats allocated together too. Ryanair must have forgotten to put their clock forward last week! Off to bed now!
Edited by: "ellie27" 31st Mar 2016
Good luck trying to get seats together. We had a party of 18 flying, 6 were 16 or under. When I checked in online we were scattered all over the plane! Tried online chat to get people moved but Ryanair wouldn't budge, so we had young teenage girls sat on their own next to strangers. Norwegian Air on the other hand were brilliant. Sat us all together without having to ask. Know who I'll be choosing next time.
shygirl88

Good luck trying to get seats together. We had a party of 18 flying, 6 … Good luck trying to get seats together. We had a party of 18 flying, 6 were 16 or under. When I checked in online we were scattered all over the plane! Tried online chat to get people moved but Ryanair wouldn't budge, so we had young teenage girls sat on their own next to strangers. Norwegian Air on the other hand were brilliant. Sat us all together without having to ask. Know who I'll be choosing next time.

You obviously weren't the first to check in So seats together were no longer available. You cant expect ryanair to rearrange all those passengers that had already checked in. Should have paid the extra for guaranteed seats together when booking.
Edited by: "chocci" 31st Mar 2016
Not ryan air but we flew with turkish airline a whileback, booked and paid more for seats together as had 2 little ones, turned 3 1/2 hours early, only supposed to be 2 but we got the train so was early. Checked in all fine, got on the flight to find other people sat in our seats with the same boarding pass! Thankfully they weren't that fussed and let us sit together! The air hostesses just raised their voices at us in turkish! Wouldnt use them again! What im tryna say is your not 100% guaranteed your seats what ever you do till your sat in them and set off!
Enjoy your holiday though!
But flying with kids surely this should be a given. If Norwegian could do it, why couldn't Ryanair?
shygirl88

But flying with kids surely this should be a given. If Norwegian could do … But flying with kids surely this should be a given. If Norwegian could do it, why couldn't Ryanair?

so people without kids should subsidise those with because the parents refuse to pay the extra? youre not quite getting how budget airlines work.
I get how they work, with a lack of common sense sometimes.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants