What to buy?

Sennheiser CX500 or Sennheiser CX300 II? And why? Rep left for best suggestions.

11 Comments

I have CX500 and the sound is fantastic i'm more than happy with them. :thumbsup:

tough choice

I have used Sennheiser CX300's (1st gen) for years and have no complaints. The sound and bass is excellent and I am able to wear them for hours on end without hurting my ears, a problem I have had with nearly every other earphones. If the 2nd version is improved, then I'd stick with what I know and get them.

Original Poster

renown;6476784

I have CX500 and the sound is fantastic i'm more than happy with them. … I have CX500 and the sound is fantastic i'm more than happy with them. :thumbsup:

have you ever tried the CX300's though?

What I want to know is: Does the extra amount you have to pay for the CX500's mean that they are better? Because with headphones, paying extra doesn't necessarily mean better quality.

Cheers.

I'd go for the Sennhesier Cx550 or the discontinued Cx95'S which are exactly the same apart from the colour, they are definitely worth the extra cost for the improved sound quality. Cheapest price on ebay at the moment is 32.99 for the Cx95's but I can't guarantee that they are genuine, however 5 people have bought them already. The next nearest price is 34.99 on ebay. The cheapest price for the new Cx550's is 54.99 from play.com. Hope this helps.

inajiffi;6478153

I'd go for the Sennhesier Cx550 or the discontinued Cx95'S which are … I'd go for the Sennhesier Cx550 or the discontinued Cx95'S which are exactly the same apart from the colour, they are definitely worth the extra cost for the improved sound quality. Cheapest price on ebay at the moment is 32.99 for the Cx95's but I can't guarantee that they are genuine, however 5 people have bought them already. The next nearest price is 34.99 on ebay. The cheapest price for the new Cx550's is 54.99 from play.com. Hope this helps.

Just to add you do get a better carrying case with Cx550's which is soft leather esq. as oposed to a hard case. You also get 6 sets of buds instead of 3.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

inajiffi;6478153

I'd go for the Sennhesier Cx550 or the discontinued Cx95'S which are … I'd go for the Sennhesier Cx550 or the discontinued Cx95'S which are exactly the same apart from the colour, they are definitely worth the extra cost for the improved sound quality. Cheapest price on ebay at the moment is 32.99 for the Cx95's but I can't guarantee that they are genuine, however 5 people have bought them already. The next nearest price is 34.99 on ebay. The cheapest price for the new Cx550's is 54.99 from play.com. Hope this helps.

cheers for that :thumbsup:
i would go for those, however they're out of my budget. I'm willing to spend no more than 16 quid. Thats why i'm deciding between these two pairs...

Original Poster

inajiffi;6478167

Just to add you do get a better carrying case with Cx550's which is soft … Just to add you do get a better carrying case with Cx550's which is soft leather esq. as oposed to a hard case. You also get 6 sets of buds instead of 3.:thumbsup:

cool :thumbsup:

Original Poster

So which one do i buy guys? HELP me :?

hdizzle;6480342

So which one do i buy guys? HELP me :?

In that case I'd go for the cx500's mate as they are better, that is to say you get better sound quality. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

inajiffi;6482102

In that case I'd go for the cx500's mate as they are better, that is to … In that case I'd go for the cx500's mate as they are better, that is to say you get better sound quality. :thumbsup:

thanks mate! i did eventually go for them :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions