Groups

What to buy??

If you have just started seeing a girl and really like her, and her birthday is a month what the F do you buy her?

It can't be anything to huge because I have just started seeing her. But, it can't be something small like a mate might get.

Must be some women out there with good ideas, lol

Rep for any helpful advice

33 Comments

How old is she ?

Banned

a bottle of perfume maybes, do you know what one she wears

a me to you limited edition bear?

A small gift accompanied by a humorous card is your best option. Some gifts to consider are candy, a funny stuffed animal, or flowers.

Banned

not sure on your ages, maybe as you dont know her to well maybe a card and an evening meal somewhere

Original Poster

She's is 23. Some good ideas up there Keep them coming LOL

Adding rep to you all now

Banned

is she into any kind of films? music that you could add to her collection

that sounded a bit rude

i'd expect tea out anyway if it was my birthday ! Not posh - but a treat !

I think a nice necklace or earrings - so she can read into it what she wants - Amazon have some nice ones cheap - and if you can stretch to it - flowers and chocs on the day will make her feel really special and remember the birthday...........not a huge bouquet even - you can get some lovely ones for around a fiver at Asda, Tesco etc - and they usually have a small box of chocs on offer too.

How about a big giant Millies cookie with your choice of birthday message piped on it?
    milliescookies.com/tas…ff/

The big round birthday ones are £11.99 and they come in large cookie gift box. Phone your local millies the day before collection.

They always go down well when I give these as gifts.

Banned

Wee_Lady;8046441

How about a big giant Millies cookie with your choice of birthday message … How about a big giant Millies cookie with your choice of birthday message piped on it? http://www.milliescookies.com/tasty-stuff/The big round birthday ones are £11.99 and they come in large cookie gift box. Phone your local millies the day before collection.They always go down well when I give these as gifts.

nice idea, something fun and nothing to serious

Sassies idea of perfume is a good "neutral" gift,don't get supermarket flowers though if you want to impress.

Why not take her out for a meal and perhaps a small (cost) item of jewellery.

Banned

i wouldnt do jewellery after being with someone for a month, but thats just me, jewellery is far to personal and easily got wrong

Original Poster

lucerysmum;8046431

i'd expect tea out anyway if it was my birthday ! Not posh - but a treat … i'd expect tea out anyway if it was my birthday ! Not posh - but a treat !I think a nice necklace or earrings - so she can read into it what she wants - Amazon have some nice ones cheap - and if you can stretch to it - flowers and chocs on the day will make her feel really special and remember the birthday...........not a huge bouquet even - you can get some lovely ones for around a fiver at Asda, Tesco etc - and they usually have a small box of chocs on offer too.

I like the idea, and the meal out would be good. But with earrings and necklaces it easy to make the wrong choice.

Her birthday is for a month yet, so I have plenty of time to decide. I just thought I would prepare earlier so I don't end up panicking the night before, lol

The Fox;8046465

Why not take her out for a meal and perhaps a small (cost) item of … Why not take her out for a meal and perhaps a small (cost) item of jewellery.

true... treat her to a nandos and a glass of wine

Original Poster

Wee_Lady;8046441

How about a big giant Millies cookie with your choice of birthday message … How about a big giant Millies cookie with your choice of birthday message piped on it? http://www.milliescookies.com/tasty-stuff/The big round birthday ones are £11.99 and they come in large cookie gift box. Phone your local millies the day before collection.They always go down well when I give these as gifts.

That is an awesome idea. I really like that! have some rep

sassie;8046472

i wouldnt do jewellery after being with someone for a month, but thats … i wouldnt do jewellery after being with someone for a month, but thats just me, jewellery is far to personal and easily got wrong

I agree:thumbsup:

Original Poster

sassie;8046472

i wouldnt do jewellery after being with someone for a month, but thats … i wouldnt do jewellery after being with someone for a month, but thats just me, jewellery is far to personal and easily got wrong

my feeling exactly.

thearbiter65;8046409

She's is 23. Some good ideas up there Keep them coming LOLAdding rep to … She's is 23. Some good ideas up there Keep them coming LOLAdding rep to you all now

choccies and flowers are a bit cliche

Why dont you buy her bath stuff from lush? i know that is too i geuss

If you really like her then jewellery is always nice as it's something she can treasure.

I am not suggesting that you spend a fortune though,maybe go for some fashion jewellery like the Lola Rose range....link ]here....prices start from just under £20......this range is young and funky and good quality too.It comes in a small, pink ribbon ties bag so nicely packaged

Banned

to be honest i think after a month, a card and a meal is ample, if you really want to go with a gift to them just make it something small and nothing to personal, your bound to get it wrong

muckypup;8046545

If you really like her then jewellery is always nice as it's something … If you really like her then jewellery is always nice as it's something she can treasure.I am not suggesting that you spend a fortune though,maybe go for some fashion jewellery like the Lola Rose range....link ]here....prices start from just under £20......this range is young and funky and good quality too.It comes in a small, pink ribbon ties bag so nicely packaged

I have some Lola Rose pieces,hope it's not just for the young lol

sassie;8046546

to be honest i think after a month, a card and a meal is ample, if you … to be honest i think after a month, a card and a meal is ample, if you really want to go with a gift to them just make it something small and nothing to personal, your bound to get it wrong

If I can remember that far back lol......a lot can happen in a month!

They might be head over heels or back in the bearpit :lol:

deb8z;8046577

I have some Lola Rose pieces,hope it's not just for the young lol

Hehe.....me too debz.......it's not just for the young but also the young at heart:-D

Sandstone is lush imo

Banned

muckypup;8046589

If I can remember that far back lol......a lot can happen in a month!They … If I can remember that far back lol......a lot can happen in a month!They might be head over heels or back in the bearpit :lol:

lmfao

i just think jeweelery is really personal, and dont know many men that get it right after years let alone a month, i would never wear something i didnt really like, no matter who got it me, i have pieces of jewellery in draw that has never been worn, couldnt return it cause its the thought that counts, but wouldnt wear it either, something to pass on to daughter though - lol

Original Poster

muckypup;8046589

If I can remember that far back lol......a lot can happen in a month!They … If I can remember that far back lol......a lot can happen in a month!They might be head over heels or back in the bearpit :lol:

LOL

I hope a lot does happen this month. Perhaps I should start a blog ;-)

I like the cookie idea (have bookmarked it too). If you go too ott you do run the risk of having to do something bigger next year.

I must admit I'd not want to receive jewellery after such a short time.

Erm as you're still in the first blush of the relationship no doubt you can barely keep your hands off each other LOL how about designing a naughty voucher book to go along with cookie. I'm sure you'll enjoy it too when she redeems said vouchers

thearbiter65;8046662

LOLI hope a lot does happen this month. Perhaps I should start a blog ;-)

Lol.....blog?....how times have changed:w00t:

I was 23 when I met my hubby...........she may be THE one,ya never know;-)

*goes to look at hats,just in case!*

Original Poster

You never know!

Thats why I want to get it right. Not too over the top and nothing to small either

i must be well behind the times - i would be naffed off if someone just took me out for tea and didn't bother with a pressie ! Supermarket flowers are fine - you can peel off the label -maybe i am a cheapskate ! I have bought psople jewellery before - just choose something like she wears already........i suppose everyone is different - thats the joy of this site - good luck on the day - and abouve all - have fun !

How about combining chocolate and flowers and getting one of these
    notonthehighstreet.com/coc…pot

they'll put a personal message with it....

Original Poster

agnes;8047843

How about combining chocolate and flowers and getting one of … How about combining chocolate and flowers and getting one of thesehttp://www.notonthehighstreet.com/cocoapod/product/chocolate_flowerpotthey'll put a personal message with it....

That is a real unusual idea. I really like it!

Certainly lots of ideas to think about

rep added

Original Poster

lucerysmum;8047728

i must be well behind the times - i would be naffed off if someone just … i must be well behind the times - i would be naffed off if someone just took me out for tea and didn't bother with a pressie ! Supermarket flowers are fine - you can peel off the label -maybe i am a cheapskate ! I have bought psople jewellery before - just choose something like she wears already........i suppose everyone is different - thats the joy of this site - good luck on the day - and abouve all - have fun !

Thanks

I will buy a pressie just nothing over the top
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions