what to buy for 13 year old boy?!

15 replies
Found 24th Nov 2016
This year I decided to participate it the Mr X Christmas appeal to buy gifts for kids who wouldn't normally get anything.

Only issue is what do you buy a 13 year old boy?! Can't be Xbox or ps (unless provided- way over my budget). If anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated!

Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

I would say a track set for kids. Hours of fun.

Quadcopter, mini helicopter, football, voucher, book, watch all under £20

Sports wear.eg Nike /adidas t shirt.

bottle of KY and sone Kleenex

Banned

Metal detector

I have a 12 year old and a 14 year old boys and they both love the airhogs helicopter my brother got them. Or nerf guns would go down well too we've got a BoomCo one that is like a machine gun probably half the price of a nerf gun but honestly it's so much fun us adults are enjoying it too as it shoots about 20 bullets in succession. Other than that anything branded clothing wise especially Nike trainers. If you know the child's shoe size then you can pick up lovely ones for less than £20 at a Nike outlet store.

Hobby grade 1:8 scale RC car or 3D helicopter would be far more fun IMO than a quadcopter as they would take some skill to use.
If you trust your child air rifles, archery sets and BB guns also make good toys.
All of the above have associated clubs that will get him out of your hair and get him meeting people.

Hard Cash. Always a joy to recieve.

john184

Hobby grade 1:8 scale RC car or 3D helicopter would be far more fun IMO … Hobby grade 1:8 scale RC car or 3D helicopter would be far more fun IMO than a quadcopter as they would take some skill to use.If you trust your child air rifles, archery sets and BB guns also make good toys.All of the above have associated clubs that will get him out of your hair and get him meeting people.

​It's not for his own child. op is participating in a xmas pressie appeal for children who otherwise wouldn't get a present.

adhkarzf

​It's not for his own child. op is participating in a xmas pressie appeal … ​It's not for his own child. op is participating in a xmas pressie appeal for children who otherwise wouldn't get a present.

Yes, I should really read the description.
Mini helicopter, Mini RC car, slot car racing, dartboard with darts, football, tennis set.

Original Poster

Thank you all

A fun day at a theme park, zoo, safari park, football club etc.

There's so many options, you could get an mp3 player for 19.99 from Argos. A gift to adopt an animal where they get regular photos and updates. Maybe a 3d puzzle they could make and then keep? I guess it just depends on what the child likes. But as you're being kind enough to buy for him, I expect anything will be appreciated. I've also brought stuff from sale sites to give to a local children's charity. Well done you!
Edited by: "shywallflower" 24th Nov 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. BBC4 Vietnam War65
    2. Aliexpress - To be trusted?45
    3. With or without cream?56
    4. Mobile WiFi calling?44

See more discussions