What to buy for Gaming PC?

Posted 23rd Oct
Maybe one for you if you're bored at work! You HUKD guys really know your stuff!

I'm looking to upgrade from console to the Heavenly Lands of the PC (would be my first time building a PC).

Ballpark £800, but flexible. I can definitely wait until Black Friday!

I'd like to be able to get 144fps consistently at 1080p (or 1440p preferably) as my monitor is 1440p144.

It would be nice but not essential for it to have a Display port out and HDMI 2.0 out (DP for gaming, HDMI for 2nd monitor and/or capture card)

Would need at least 5 USB 3.0 ports.
WLAN not needed but ethernet obviously needed.

The list I've linked contains some components that have been recommended to me, but maybe you know of better deals or if these components are not great? - eg someone said the graphics card I picked is a "blower" which tends to overheat

I am a complete novice so don't feel you're patronising me if you need to explain anything!

Also, where's the best place to get Windows 10? I've heard of people getting it for ridiculously cheap

Thanks for your time!

amazon.co.uk/hz/…are

Also did a pcpartpicker but I'm not well versed in it:

pcpartpicker.com/use…ed/
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Just to clarify 144 on the monitor won’t be FPS (frames per second) it’ll be hz which refers to the refresh rate. 144 FPS consistently would be impossible, especially for £800.
Angelus214123/10/2019 11:55

Just to clarify 144 on the monitor won’t be FPS (frames per second) it’ll b …Just to clarify 144 on the monitor won’t be FPS (frames per second) it’ll be hz which refers to the refresh rate. 144 FPS consistently would be impossible, especially for £800.

Of course!
can't access to your saved part list...
why there are 2 SSD on your amazon list?
Cisco06060623/10/2019 12:31

why there are 2 SSD on your amazon list?

Just options, as one is an nvme
Cisco06060623/10/2019 12:30

can't access to your saved part list...

Sorry, was on private, should be ok now
Angelus214123/10/2019 11:55

Just to clarify 144 on the monitor won’t be FPS (frames per second) it’ll b …Just to clarify 144 on the monitor won’t be FPS (frames per second) it’ll be hz which refers to the refresh rate. 144 FPS consistently would be impossible, especially for £800.

at 1080p on older games depending on gpu you can get that fps even set gsync going..
Check out PC Parts Picker - System builder, that site will let you pick all the components you need to build a PC and only show compatible parts (ie once you find a motherboard, it will only show CPU and RAM which is compatible)

Does pricing as well to keep an eye on your budget, and you can look at specific build guides, or check out completed builds by other people which are usually detailed and say what it cost.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants