What to buy in the USA?

Found 4th Jun 2009
I'm over in the US at the moment and the exchange rate seems to have improved from what it was a few months ago. I'm not really looking for any clothes, but was wondering if there is anything which is especially cheap here that I should look to buy whilst I'm out here? Specifically looking for cheap electronics.

Any suggestions?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

Banned

corner women?
go vegas for the pretty lookin ones :-)

in my experience stuff is pretty much comparable though the pound has been raising slightly lately.

Clothing probably is your best bet x

Clothing. Check out brands like Holister and Penguin.
Electronics there isn't a major difference in price to be honest.

However if you would pick a brother up some Bit-o-Honey candy i would happily pay for it and its safe carriage :P

a ticket for me to join you

digital camera with good movie recording capability esp. Pana TZ7 or FZ28

UK/Europe version has 15 minute limit on movie record due to taxing calssification

Original Poster

Lol, thx for all the replies. I'm actually looking to get a camera so that will be top of my list; didn't realise the 15min limit was due to tax.

What's Bit-o-honey candy? Is it widely available? If so, I'll see if I can pick some up (no promises though!).

Jeans are much cheaper over there - I always stock up with Levi's
Best buys are from factory outlets - they are everywhere and a fraction of cost

ENJOY - oh and you'll probably need an extra suitcase for all your goodies - just remember to take tags off otherwise you could get stung at customs if they decide to check how much you have spent!!

a couple of assault rifles and a magnum

I got a few pairs of converse shoes from an outlet over there for $5 a pair. Have seen them over here for £29.99(!)

Otherwise, if you wanna get me some Jelly Belly Beans? Or Wintergreen flavour tic-tacs / breathsavers!?? I loooove Wintergreen flavour, yum yum yum!

I'm sure you see loads of things you will want to buy when you there that you not seen here for sale.

SunTzu;5401264

No don't buy ice cream it will melt on the way back!:p

SunTzu;5401264

Absolutely. Get a nice AR-15 with a nice hunting rifle.....

Just in case there is an outbreak of zombies ......:oops:

Canon SLR Lenses are roughly about half price over there if you blag a bit. If you buy them and bring them back in your luggage, you can almost double your money on eBay.

moody;5401185

Lol, thx for all the replies. I'm actually looking to get a camera so … Lol, thx for all the replies. I'm actually looking to get a camera so that will be top of my list; didn't realise the 15min limit was due to tax.What's Bit-o-honey candy? Is it widely available? If so, I'll see if I can pick some up (no promises though!).

yea should be, its kinda like a honey toffee thing, its awesome :P

and i had no idea about the camera thing, so sounds good for the camera front!
But clothes are some of the best value, rule of thumb £10=$10 when it comes to clothes regarding cost here to cost there.

They do mint M&M's - get a suitcase full, they're great!!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Man forgets where he parks his car - then finds it 20 years later - The Ind…22
    2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…8221546
    3. Battered women won't be chased for TV licence fees: Vulnerable victims at r…1114
    4. Proof of time travel ?76

See more discussions