Groups

What to buy in the USA?

I'm over in the US at the moment and the exchange rate seems to have improved from what it was a few months ago. I'm not really looking for any clothes, but was wondering if there is anything which is especially cheap here that I should look to buy whilst I'm out here? Specifically looking for cheap electronics.

Any suggestions?

15 Comments

Banned

corner women?
    go vegas for the pretty lookin ones :-)

in my experience stuff is pretty much comparable though the pound has been raising slightly lately.

Clothing probably is your best bet x

Clothing. Check out brands like Holister and Penguin.
    Electronics there isn't a major difference in price to be honest.

However if you would pick a brother up some Bit-o-Honey candy i would happily pay for it and its safe carriage :P

a ticket for me to join you

digital camera with good movie recording capability esp. Pana TZ7 or FZ28

UK/Europe version has 15 minute limit on movie record due to taxing calssification

Original Poster

Lol, thx for all the replies. I'm actually looking to get a camera so that will be top of my list; didn't realise the 15min limit was due to tax.

What's Bit-o-honey candy? Is it widely available? If so, I'll see if I can pick some up (no promises though!).

Jeans are much cheaper over there - I always stock up with Levi's
    Best buys are from factory outlets - they are everywhere and a fraction of cost

ENJOY - oh and you'll probably need an extra suitcase for all your goodies - just remember to take tags off otherwise you could get stung at customs if they decide to check how much you have spent!!

a couple of assault rifles and a magnum

I got a few pairs of converse shoes from an outlet over there for $5 a pair. Have seen them over here for £29.99(!)

Otherwise, if you wanna get me some Jelly Belly Beans? Or Wintergreen flavour tic-tacs / breathsavers!?? I loooove Wintergreen flavour, yum yum yum!

I'm sure you see loads of things you will want to buy when you there that you not seen here for sale.

SunTzu;5401264

No don't buy ice cream it will melt on the way back!:p

SunTzu;5401264

Absolutely. Get a nice AR-15 with a nice hunting rifle.....

Just in case there is an outbreak of zombies ......:oops:

Canon SLR Lenses are roughly about half price over there if you blag a bit. If you buy them and bring them back in your luggage, you can almost double your money on eBay.

moody;5401185

Lol, thx for all the replies. I'm actually looking to get a camera so … Lol, thx for all the replies. I'm actually looking to get a camera so that will be top of my list; didn't realise the 15min limit was due to tax.What's Bit-o-honey candy? Is it widely available? If so, I'll see if I can pick some up (no promises though!).

yea should be, its kinda like a honey toffee thing, its awesome :P

and i had no idea about the camera thing, so sounds good for the camera front!
    But clothes are some of the best value, rule of thumb £10=$10 when it comes to clothes regarding cost here to cost there.

They do mint M&M's - get a suitcase full, they're great!!!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317

See more discussions