Groups

what to buy the bride as the maid of honour??

First wedding I have been a part of ..I'm the maid of honour going to a destination wedding trying to figure out what to get the bride as a present .. need help!!

13 Comments

Have they paid for your flights and hotel? If not, you being there is enough of a present.

A prenup

Original Poster

Mikey_b

Have they paid for your flights and hotel? If not, you being there is … Have they paid for your flights and hotel? If not, you being there is enough of a present.

Loooool nope ... but I totally agree with you

Only 49p and a bargain at that.

HOT Night

Diamante bracelet/necklace to match her wedding dress ?

A spa treat for them both, or for you both!

You know that traditionally the bride buys you a present to thank you for being part of her day ;), seriously though do they not have a wedding list that you can pick from ?
    If you wanted just to get the bride something then I think I'd be looking at jewellery , maybe something with a blue stone if she's doing the whole something new, borrowed and blue thing, then you could give it to her in advance rather than on the day . It would be a reminder of her wedding day and her best friend all in one .

My best friend got married three years ago, her maid of honour bought her a pair on Converse with "bride" crsytal letters stuck on them that she could wear in the evening under her dress for comfort and dancing an stuff.

Sounds crap when I describe it but she loved it at the time.

Original Poster

Hi thanks for idea! .. everything involving the wedding is not super traditional so no wedding list as everyone is already paying to be there already .. I just wasn't sure if I was supposed to get her a gift or not.

I bought a wedding rose plant for their garden. Flowers every year on their anniversary!

Ann summers voucher

Original Poster

JusticeForThe96

My best friend got married three years ago, her maid of honour bought her … My best friend got married three years ago, her maid of honour bought her a pair on Converse with "bride" crsytal letters stuck on them that she could wear in the evening under her dress for comfort and dancing an stuff.Sounds crap when I describe it but she loved it at the time.

No that actually sounds perfect .. she's dreading wearing shoes.

taneesha963

No that actually sounds perfect .. she's dreading wearing shoes.

Not too expensive either, but you should definitely get a present!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1444
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1427
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767106
      4. word association Game73744435

See more discussions