What to cook for dinner?

Found 4th Oct 2009
Don't feel like cooking a big roast dinner today.I have some chicken fillets in the fridge and don't know what to do with them.My hubby loves chilli-the hotter the better.Any ideas?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

Chilli chicken?

Bang Bang chicken is lush...
Mix some chopped chillis or chilli flakes with some peanut butter and coat the chicken in this then bake in the oven,mmmmmm i'm starving now..lol

[COLOR="Red"]Stir Fry.[/COLOR]

does it have to be chilli ?
i like to stuff my fillets with cheese, wrap in bacon & then foil before baking them

Banned

junkenstein73;6477380

Bang Bang chicken is lush...Mix some chopped chillis or chilli flakes … Bang Bang chicken is lush...Mix some chopped chillis or chilli flakes with some peanut butter and coat the chicken in this then bake in the oven,mmmmmm i'm starving now..lol

+1 sounds nice,

im having lancashire hotpot

chilli chicken risotto x

Banned

couldnt think of anything worse than a chicken chilli - it just sounds so wrong (never tried it mind lol)

this won the £1000 weekly prize I think and I have made it and was one of the best easy cook curries I've ever made

[FONT=&quot]Chicken karahi recipe – Come dine with me[/FONT]
Serves 6

Ingredients
[LIST]
[*]3 tbsp sunflower or corn oil
[*]1 cinnamon stick
[*]3 cardamom pods
[*]2 cloves
[*]5 black peppercorns
[*]1 medium-large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
[*]400g can chopped tomatoes
[*]1/2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
[*]1 tsp ground cumin
[*]3 tsp ground coriander
[*]¼ tsp ground turmeric
[*]3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
[*]7.5cm chunk fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
[*]3 fat green chillies
[*]900g boneless chicken thigh and leg meat, cut into chunky pieces
[*]Fine sea salt
[*]Small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped[/LIST] Method

[FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT]1. Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan or sauté pan and add the cinnamon, cardamom pods, cloves and peppercorns. Cook over a low heat for a minute or two then add the onion and increase the heat a little. Fry until almost golden, stirring regularly.
[FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT]2. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, dried chillies, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic, ginger and whole green chillies. Cook over a medium heat for a 3-4 minutes, stirring. Season with salt.
[FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT]3. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning until the chicken is well coated in the sauce. Stir in 50ml water, cover with a lid and leave to simmer gently over a low heat for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, stirring occasionally.
[FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT]
[FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT]4. Take off the lid and increase the heat. Simmer the sauce for a few minutes more, stirring constantly until thick. Remove from the heat, scatter with fresh coriander and serve.

Original Poster

junkenstein73;6477380

Bang Bang chicken is lush...Mix some chopped chillis or chilli flakes … Bang Bang chicken is lush...Mix some chopped chillis or chilli flakes with some peanut butter and coat the chicken in this then bake in the oven,mmmmmm i'm starving now..lol

this sounds good.What is this best served with?
:thinking:

Curry but that's obvious........butterfly cut them so they are twice the size but still joined , fry up a stuffing of onions,peppers, chilli, garlic and mushrooms spread it on the chicken, roll them up wrap in foil and bake for about an hour.

LoozR;6477408

this sounds good.What is this best served with?:thinking:

i usually do it with wild rice & some oregano and garlic wedges... tis yummy:thumbsup:

junkenstein73;6477380

does sound good ...might have to try that one :thumbsup:

Original Poster

junkenstein73;6477443

i usually do it with wild rice & some oregano and garlic wedges... tis … i usually do it with wild rice & some oregano and garlic wedges... tis yummy:thumbsup:

Thanks.I will cook this!:thumbsup:

LoozR;6477458

Thanks.I will cook this!:thumbsup:

Enjoy....:)

Banned

LoozR;6477408

this sounds good.What is this best served with?:thinking:

youtube is great for recipes

youtube.com/wat…F88

I think i'll give this a go too as always up for something different

csiman;6477487

youtube is great for recipeshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUukNcsyF88I … youtube is great for recipeshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUukNcsyF88I think i'll give this a go too as always up for something different

videojug is good for stuff like this too
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ending: 03/12 - A giveaway for a £175 Freedom To Exist Watch23
    2. Quidco Snow me the money Competition841125
    3. Win Longines Ladies Watch worth £117055
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 45 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions