What to do?????

Found 19th Sep 2017
Hi All, I won a bid on eBay for a pair of JBL Everest Elite 700 Platinum Edition headphones.

These were new, boxed and apparently genuine.

6 months later the pair have the following issue:

1) Stress cracks on the headband.
2) Right earpiece has failed.
3) Leatherette wrapping covering earpieces have become unglued.

I've had many headphone in my time and such issues have never happened before, especially within 6 month.

I have contacted JBL, and sent across pictures and proof of purchase.

However I am shocked and aghast as their prelimary investigations have found that are not genuine. They say they cross referenced their product database.

I have asked them if they only checked the UK database or did they go international? A question that I am waiting the answer for.....

They also offered me a 35% discount on an item on their store as a gesture of good will.

I am awaiting them to complete their checks and get back to me with regards to my last email.

So where do I stand in all this. I need to contact both PayPal and eBay now that JBL's finding have come in.

Will they be able to help me?....I feel cheated and so disappointed.

Can anyone advise on the steps if any I can take to get recompense?

Hope someone can help :0)

Kind Regards,
SC :0)

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

I'm guessing you didn't buy them from Harman's eBay outlet?
They have a strange policy were you have to physically destroy the product before they ship a replacement. Extreme to say the least. I guess if you didn't buy them from an official seller then take it up with the seller?

Original Poster

No a private seller......just waiting for JBL to finalise their investigation....if nothing comes from them then onto eBay and PayPal.

Good luck with it.

Caveat emptor as the Romans would say. Nice of the company to offer you a discount

When you say six months, how tight is the timing - Paypal give you 180 days (6 months) from purchase to open a dispute for SNAD (significantly not as described).

Alternatively if you paid by card via Paypal, you could ask your card company to do a chargeback (not all will with Paypal transactions).

I would NEVER buy an item on ebay that is a high risk of being counterfeit such as headphones, especially BNIB.... it stinks fake for miles
Edited by: "mattsk" 20th Sep 2017

Original Poster

Tell you What, if it is a fake and JBL aren't lying then they are an amazing fake....even the control app works as it should....all the accessories are faultless....going to call eBay and PayPal now....thanks for all your helpful feedback and thoughts :0)

sxxychocolate6 m ago

Tell you What, if it is a fake and JBL aren't lying then they are an …Tell you What, if it is a fake and JBL aren't lying then they are an amazing fake....even the control app works as it should....all the accessories are faultless....going to call eBay and PayPal now....thanks for all your helpful feedback and thoughts :0)

Everything can be copied. How come your shocked at the investigations?

You didnt buy them from the company but they are offering you 35% off. That sounds very reasonable to me. They dont have to offer you anything.

See if your within the 180 paypal dispute window. If time as elapsed contact thr bank see if they can do a chargeback.

I do hope you get it sorted.

sxxychocolate49 m ago

Tell you What, if it is a fake and JBL aren't lying then they are an …Tell you What, if it is a fake and JBL aren't lying then they are an amazing fake....even the control app works as it should....all the accessories are faultless....going to call eBay and PayPal now....thanks for all your helpful feedback and thoughts :0)

They'll most likely be factory rejects which should have been binned, but instead someone fixed them best they could and sold them as the real thing.
That way the company has no record of it ever being sold as it never pasted QA, the product reacts like it should and any patched damage just looked like normal wear and tear.

Happens a far bit as it's cheaper and easier then making a full clone.

Original Poster

Thanks peeps for the cool chit chat.....I went back to them to see if they could offer more....they came back with 40%....Which is great! :0)....I know it's fair but in my rose tinted world the person doing the dodgy would have been executed and I would have received a new legit pair as well as my money back from eBay / PayPal.....MWAHAHAHA!..

Original Poster

Taking the fight to eBay.....posted on Facebook....conversation in progress....can't see myself ever buying stuff via eBay again....especially if they don't do the right thing....their shortcomings as a safe shopping environment are plain see....
Edited by: "sxxychocolate" 21st Sep 2017

sxxychocolate38 m ago

Taking the fight to eBay.....posted on Facebook....conversation in …Taking the fight to eBay.....posted on Facebook....conversation in progress....can't see myself ever buying stuff via eBay again....especially if they don't do the right thing....their shortcomings as a safe shopping environment are plain see....

You'd be better off going straight to PayPal.

Original Poster

I'm 19 day over their limit.....they are just as rubbish as eBay......:0(
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions