Groups

What to do for dinner, any ideas

I feed up with the same old everyday dinners.

Has anyone got any ideas for a tasty but quick and easy dinner???

57 Comments

chinese takeaway :thumbsup:

omelette

sausage mash and onions

Original Poster

Had takeaway friday & saturday. would be nice to cook something

good old pizza?

unless your already having that every day lol.

muckyangel;6757987

Had takeaway friday & saturday. would be nice to cook something

pot noodle it is then:)

fajitahs - really quick and easy. I do it with salad and chicken and a jar of salsa

loobie;6758007

fajitahs - really quick and easy. I do it with salad and chicken and a … fajitahs - really quick and easy. I do it with salad and chicken and a jar of salsa

is that not what fajitahs are anyway :?

maybe try pasta, with chicken chorizo and red pepper and onion, really easy and quick and tastes great

queenlush;6757949

omelette

+1 :thumbsup:

Banned

Through these hard times, one needs to save the pennies.

Chicken Breast, use a sharp knife and cut down the side of it to create a place to stuff Philadelphia cheese and some herbs of your choice.

Then wrap it in parma ham and put it in the oven for about 20 minutes on 180'. Keep an eye on it.

Serve it on a bed of spicy vegetable rice (50p at Asda) and a wee side salad - wala!

Alternative stuffing - Lemon Zest & honey
    Or
    Honey & Mustard
    Or
    Spinach and pepper

Total cost - no more than £4.50 and will serve two.

Gingernutts;6758080

Through these hard times, one needs to save the pennies. Chicken Breast, … Through these hard times, one needs to save the pennies. Chicken Breast, use a sharp knife and cut down the side of it to create a place to stuff Philadelphia cheese and some herbs of your choice. Then wrap it in parma ham and put it in the oven for about 20 minutes on 180'. Keep an eye on it. Serve it on a bed of spicy vegetable rice (50p at Asda) and a wee side salad - wala!Alternative stuffing - Lemon Zest & honeyOr Honey & MustardOrSpinach and pepperTotal cost - no more than £4.50 and will serve two.

you reckon that's cheap?

Gingernutts;6758080

Through these hard times, one needs to save the pennies. Chicken Breast, … Through these hard times, one needs to save the pennies. Chicken Breast, use a sharp knife and cut down the side of it to create a place to stuff Philadelphia cheese and some herbs of your choice. Then wrap it in parma ham and put it in the oven for about 20 minutes on 180'. Keep an eye on it. Serve it on a bed of spicy vegetable rice (50p at Asda) and a wee side salad - wala!Alternative stuffing - Lemon Zest & honeyOr Honey & MustardOrSpinach and pepperTotal cost - no more than £4.50 and will serve two.

:w00t::w00t:, that aint cheap :lol:

Banned

you reckon that's cheap?

I think so, obviously not as cheap as a pot noodle but if you're budgeting and want to eat relatively decently. £2.50 per person isn't too bad.

Although I do agree, some times I've got to bring out the value 10kg bag of pasta and mix it with some canned chopped tomatoes.

You could do my "dads spaghetti".
    Made it for me all the time when i was lickle (and me for my kids)
    It's just spaghetti and tomoato puree mixed together.
    My kids love it.
    Really cheap and really filling
    You can get 2 dinners for under £1

Banned

Gingernutts;6758080

through these hard times being a bankers wife weve had to cut a few corners not having champayne with it:-D

i can make an awesome spaghetti bolognaise for like £1.25ish including dolmio, onions, choped tomatoes, mince, spaghetti etc..

Banned

You could do my "dads spaghetti".Made it for me all the time when i was … You could do my "dads spaghetti".Made it for me all the time when i was lickle (and me for my kids)It's just spaghetti and tomoato puree mixed together.My kids love it.Really cheap and really filling You can get 2 dinners for under £1

If you added a thinly sliced pepperami stick, with some herbs stolen from the neighbors garden this could be a little more interesting

Amended price £1.60 for two dinners !

Original Poster

Gingernutts;6758080

dose sound nice.

get a baking dish

1st layer : 1 Can of Corned beef and beans mushed together.
    2nd Layer : Sliced onions and Grated cheese.
    3rd Layer : Mashed tatty with some more cheese on top.

Stick in the oven for about 30-40 mins...or until its crusty ontop.

Cheap and feeds an army.

Original Poster

akme;6758266

get a baking dish1st layer : 1 Can of Corned beef and beans mushed … get a baking dish1st layer : 1 Can of Corned beef and beans mushed together.2nd Layer : Sliced onions and Grated cheese.3rd Layer : Mashed tatty with some more cheese on top.Stick in the oven for about 30-40 mins...or until its crusty ontop.Cheap and feeds an army.

wow never heard of doing that before. Is it nice?

Grandads Shepherds Pie

Brown some mince and add a tin of spaghetti
    Put in a baking dish, top with mash and sprinkle on some cheese

Half and hour in the oven until crisp and golden and your ready.

Gorgeous and will feed loads, yummy!!!

Some good ideas here...... mydish.co.uk/

muckyangel;6758396

wow never heard of doing that before. Is it nice?

Its lush...very lush :thumbsup:

spag bowl:thumbsup:

Banned

next time your in tesco or the like go and find the yellow sticker shelf and grab something that you might not have tried before, a joint or chops or venison steak , and then add lots of fresh organic veg and some gravy and bobs your uncle

micoo;6758031

is that not what fajitahs are anyway :?

Well i meant rather than buying the fajitah mixes or the boxes which have it all in which is a rip off :thumbsup:

dog_cop;6758723

next time your in tesco or the like go and find the yellow sticker shelf … next time your in tesco or the like go and find the yellow sticker shelf and grab something that you might not have tried before, a joint or chops or venison steak , and then add lots of fresh organic veg and some gravy and bobs your uncle

yummmmmm

Banned

loupomm;6758998

yummmmmm

having pork chops and a load of organic veg tonight .. room for one more :thumbsup:

dog_cop;6759019

having pork chops and a load of organic veg tonight .. room for one more … having pork chops and a load of organic veg tonight .. room for one more :thumbsup:

sounds lush, parsnips? i love crispy roasted parsnips, im drooling!

Banned

loupomm;6759060

sounds lush, parsnips? i love crispy roasted parsnips, im drooling!

yes with brown sugar :thumbsup:

Original Poster

There are some great iears there. I have some Phili in the fridge so might do the chicken tonight.

Thank you everyone xx

tomorrow im attempting pacetta wrapped chicken breast with stuffed roasted peppers....cant decide what to stuff them with tho :? or might do stuffed mushrooms....oh decisions :cry:

Banned

loupomm;6759087

tomorrow im attempting pacetta wrapped chicken breast with stuffed … tomorrow im attempting pacetta wrapped chicken breast with stuffed roasted peppers....cant decide what to stuff them with tho :? or might do stuffed mushrooms....oh decisions :cry:

stuff the chicken with a combination of the pepper and mushrooms :thumbsup:

loupomm;6759087

tomorrow im attempting pacetta wrapped chicken breast with stuffed … tomorrow im attempting pacetta wrapped chicken breast with stuffed roasted peppers....cant decide what to stuff them with tho :? or might do stuffed mushrooms....oh decisions :cry:

do you like couscous?

dog_cop;6759112

stuff the chicken with a combination of the pepper and mushrooms … stuff the chicken with a combination of the pepper and mushrooms :thumbsup:

ok Gordon....wont it look lonely on the plate? or with
    a bit of rice?

greg_68;6759120

do you like couscous?

i have to admit ive never tried it :oops: keep meaning to, is it nice?

Banned

loupomm;6759127

ok Gordon....wont it look lonely on the plate? or with a bit of rice?

you make a nice sauce to go with it .. tarragon would be nice :thumbsup:

yumm some good ideas here, i admit i get my ideas from come dine with me, i love it lol :oops:

loupomm;6759131

i have to admit ive never tried it :oops: keep meaning to, is it nice?

Ideal for stuffing peppers, it's a little like rice but is nice in small amounts. You can get all sorts of flavoured ones. Couldn't eat a pile of it but a stuffed pepper of it would be nice.

greg_68;6759164

Ideal for stuffing peppers, it's a little like rice but is nice in small … Ideal for stuffing peppers, it's a little like rice but is nice in small amounts. You can get all sorts of flavoured ones. Couldn't eat a pile of it but a stuffed pepper of it would be nice.

ok on my list :thumbsup:

feeling fed up with same old boring dinners :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2023
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1932
      3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941347
      4. love affairs1756

See more discussions