What to do for lunch on Boxing Day?

Found 21st Dec 2017
I need some inspiration. I have some guests coming on Boxing Day and I am stumped as to what to serve. Want to avoid a roast and we will be having a buffet supper but I can’t think of what to offer for lunch!

any suggestions

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
20 Comments

Bubble and squeak
Lasagne
Cold meats, mash and picalili
Fajitas

Nando's m8

Bubble and squeak
Cold meats
Pickles
Mash potato
Garlic bread
Salad
Pringles

It's common to use left over Turkey from xmas and make a curry x can't beat a curry
I'm sure everyone will be overwhelmed from xmas day festivities that they don't want a big dinner anyway x

Really depends on how many to serve? - Budget ?- whether you want it to be quick and not very time consuming or willing to spend some time on it . Do you want it to be a "Wow" or just a functional meal ?

Make my own better version of mns Christmas sandw high

2 paracetamol and a glass of water

Bubble and squeak is a great idea . Make sure you overdo the veg , stuffing ,bread sauce etc on Xmas Day save plenty that's unused in a bowl in the fridge .

To make it a bit special press into pastry cutters or other fryingpan proof shapes , so you have "bubble and squeak" cakes . Serve with Cumberland sausages or sliced Ham (or both) add a mixed salad and drizzle with Cranberry sauce . Cheap ,fast , impressive , not too heavy on the stomach ? Yorkshire puds and /or wedges if you want a bit more filling .
Edited by: "rogparki" 21st Dec 2017

Original Poster

Thank you all for your suggestions, lol even the Nandos one! It has to have the wow factor, no real budget and I am a competent cook I just cant think of anything. The only things i could come up with were beef wellington or game pie but i dont want anything too heavy.

What about cooking a gammon, and then you’ll have leftover ham for a few days to go with your leftover turkey?!

No breakfast or lunch, stuff your face in the evening.

Gammon and left over turkey.
Edited by: "zhris" 22nd Dec 2017

tinned salmon butties,ham butties, cheese and crackers ( no poncy stuff) birds trifle or/and tinned fruit with evap milk plus push the boat out with a pack of after eight mints with some instant nescafe
Edited by: "themachman" 22nd Dec 2017

themachman6 h, 38 m ago

tinned salmon butties,ham butties, cheese and crackers ( no poncy stuff) …tinned salmon butties,ham butties, cheese and crackers ( no poncy stuff) birds trifle or/and tinned fruit with evap milk plus push the boat out with a pack of after eight mints with some instant nescafe

Is that menu straight out if the 80's?
32871649-gkhuO.jpg

Fish pie

barriey16 m ago

Is that menu straight out if the 80's? [Image]

No, 70's I reckon!

Go to morrisons to buy Whole salmon fish £5 kg. Nice

I usually serve up a chilli, but add chucks of stewing beef as well as minced beef, and a couple of chunks of chocolate near the end makes the sauce very rich and adds a depth of flavour.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions