What to do if DPD driver signed parcel on my name and claims to have delivered?

Posted 20th Dec 2019
Recently ordered some boots from UGG. The sequence of events was:

- 9 December - I requested a shop pickup as no one was at home. Received email confirmation that the parcel would be ready for pickup at Londis shop on 10 December. I was planning to pick up my parcel on 14 December

- 10 December - shop request was ignored, delivery driver seems to have signed for my parcel himself

- 13 December - I noticed that I had not received my shop pickup code, so I looked at the tracking info and saw it was supposedly delivered to me, by name, on 10 December. I immediately contacted DPD who said they started an investigation, and told me on the phone it looked like the signature was probably the drivers

- 14 December - my son became very unwell so I did not travel home as planned

- 20 December - I was told by ugg via email that dpd claims to have dropped parcel to an Asian man. There was no one at home and that did not happen. When I told them this, they told me to check with my neighbors. None of my neighbors are Asian and I can't check with them as I am not home

What should I do? I know it's my right to have goods delivered, but DPD is claiming to have delivered to an "Asian man" with a signature. The tracking info lists my name as the person who signed. Obviously the signature must be wrong, but they won't even show that to me.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
You will need to tell UGG again you never received it and such.
Edited by: "panda098" 20th Dec 2019
panda09820/12/2019 13:24

You will need to tell UGG again you never received it and such.

I think what will eventually happen is, UGG acknowledge the sign/signatur isn't yours nor no Asian man lives in your house, and they will refund you but it can take some time.
You are already doing everything you can possibly do - well done - just keep at it.
tardytortoise20/12/2019 13:38

You are already doing everything you can possibly do - well done - just …You are already doing everything you can possibly do - well done - just keep at it.

I ship a lot of parcels by DPD for work and this sort of thing does happen on a fairly regular basis. Driver says delivered but recipient never receives.

They launch 'an investigation' that takes 2 - 3 weeks and then supply a claim form if they can't locate it.

Sometimes it turns up at a different address, sometimes it reappears on their vans and gets delivered late, sometimes it just vanishes.

If you have the tracking number you can usually see the delivery signature online. If the driver signed it it is usually just a squiggle.
DPD should have the GPS location of where and when ‘you’ signed for it. If it shows as being by your door and you can prove no one was home then you’re on to a winner. If it shows a different location then thats easy to prove it wasnt delivered to you.
How did you pay? Could try put a claim in, also report to police regarding fraud and theft, get a crime number and contact DPD and ugg again with this they might respond a bit better....
if UGG isnt cooperating say you will chargeback and they should get to it faster
DPD are useless with a bunch of thieving drivers. I ordered something online that was to be delivered by them and it vanished by the time it reached the depot before it gets sent out for delivery. They said they'll do an investigation, didn't hear anything, contacted the company I ordered from and they said they had a few orders in the same predicment as mine and that they could'nt get hold of DPD either.
generationz20/12/2019 14:21

I ship a lot of parcels by DPD for work and this sort of thing does happen …I ship a lot of parcels by DPD for work and this sort of thing does happen on a fairly regular basis. Driver says delivered but recipient never receives.They launch 'an investigation' that takes 2 - 3 weeks and then supply a claim form if they can't locate it.Sometimes it turns up at a different address, sometimes it reappears on their vans and gets delivered late, sometimes it just vanishes.If you have the tracking number you can usually see the delivery signature online. If the driver signed it it is usually just a squiggle.

Thanks - on the tracking info it shows that it was delivered to me, but I can't see the signature. On the phone, the DPD rep told me the signature was just a squiggle.
ArcadeAssassin20/12/2019 15:14

DPD should have the GPS location of where and when ‘you’ signed for it. If …DPD should have the GPS location of where and when ‘you’ signed for it. If it shows as being by your door and you can prove no one was home then you’re on to a winner. If it shows a different location then thats easy to prove it wasnt delivered to you.

Yes the GPS was at my address according to DPD. I wonder what kind of info they will need as proof I wasn't there
Bargainhead20/12/2019 15:34

How did you pay? Could try put a claim in, also report to police regarding …How did you pay? Could try put a claim in, also report to police regarding fraud and theft, get a crime number and contact DPD and ugg again with this they might respond a bit better....

Thanks for the advice I will try contacting the card next if they can't sort it out after my last call.

panda09820/12/2019 13:31

I think what will eventually happen is, UGG acknowledge the sign/signatur …I think what will eventually happen is, UGG acknowledge the sign/signatur isn't yours nor no Asian man lives in your house, and they will refund you but it can take some time.

Actually I am Asian, but my neighbors aren't.
jg21320/12/2019 15:52

DPD are useless with a bunch of thieving drivers. I ordered something …DPD are useless with a bunch of thieving drivers. I ordered something online that was to be delivered by them and it vanished by the time it reached the depot before it gets sent out for delivery. They said they'll do an investigation, didn't hear anything, contacted the company I ordered from and they said they had a few orders in the same predicment as mine and that they could'nt get hold of DPD either.

There not all the same I know a few who deliver in my area and they all sign my stuff cos they know I’m out and they leave it in my shed. I also sign their parcels if I get ones for them. It’s all about trust and helping each other out where I live, it’s a rural area though so thefts etc just don’t happen.
Once I had an annoying experience with a corner shop while using DPD. I ordered something online and as I knew I won't be at home during the day, I arranged the item to be delivered to this corner shop when I was paying. when I tracked my parcel online, I saw that the corner shop REFUSED to accept/sign the parcel for me!!

I ended up just not receiving the item (I mean, I contacted the retailer that I no longer interested in the item as I was about to go away a while, got refund anyway) but obviously i was annoyed that the corner shop didn't want to participate with my parcel..I could be a regular customer of them or it could even bring them a business but they simply didn't want to be involved.
Anyway, ok I understand you are an Asian person but the DPD driver has not seen you so he would not know (unless he was able to tell by your name on the parcel) , and your neighbors aren't Asian.. if so, the only Asian man i can imagine involved would be the Londis worker, and the driver himself.

Maybe the parcel was accepted at the Londis in the end by any chance? (like, drive went back to Londis later in the day)
You may be able to use your Google location history to show that you weren't home when the parcel was supposedly delivered:

support.google.com/map…=en
Why are people saying Asian man, instead of just man, I understand the concept but if it was a white man the post would just say man... discrimination is rife....
Bargainhead21/12/2019 06:49

Why are people saying Asian man, instead of just man, I understand the …Why are people saying Asian man, instead of just man, I understand the concept but if it was a white man the post would just say man... discrimination is rife....

Maybe because the OP first said that DPD had said that it was signed for by an Asian man. Maybe because if there are no other Asian men in the neighbourhood then it is a fairly accurate way of describing someone.
Probably the man who runs the londis
@pkchips
Any update? I'm curious.
They are currently doing another DPD investigation and I haven't heard back yet. They took my signature to compare it
panda09828/12/2019 17:25

@pkchipsAny update? I'm curious.

got the refund from Ugg in the end. DPD still hasn't confirmed the parcel wasn't delivered.
Thanks for the update and happy New year. (Sorry I haven't noticed the notification)
Glad you got refund, but a very strange case isn't it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions