what to do if employer doesn't pay?

10 replies
Found 6th Jan 2015
My previous employer whose business has shut down, has not paid my wages even though they were certain about everyone getting paid on time.

I can't get in contact, as they are out of office and their line has been cut off. Now I'm just thinking who should i get in touch with, is there any way i can claim?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

  1. Ask
  1. Ask

citizens advice


Employment tribunal if you are sure they have money. It cost to get there these days I think.

Have they just shut down or have the receivers been called in?

If it's the second then employee's are last in the line for payments, the VAT man, HMRC and the like get their cut first.

If they've just closed down and you know they have funds you can claim, but it could take years to get anything if they don't want to pay up. Such is our wonderful employment law !

Original Poster

Yes, they have just closed down after a very long time of running.
Some employees have been paid, and others have not received anything, which is a shame.

Don't you know where they live ?

I would be knocking their door.

Read this clicky link and take the action you need to take

try the government website.... you should be covered in some way....

Call in the sheriffs

government will pay, basic ammounts

I think a phone call to Big Mike might be in order
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Is gearbest a legit/safe site to use?2131
    2. Looking for Cineworld 2d voucher34
    3. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage66
    4. Best watches under £500?55

    See more discussions