Groups

What to do in Amsterdam?

Banned
    I'm off to Amsterdam for 5 days with my University friends. What are some interested things to do apart from the obvious smoking of cannabis and visit to the red light district?

In addition, is the post office still the best place to get the most value out of the exchange rate?

28 Comments

wear protection

Original Poster Banned

black gerbil1;4678640

wear protection

Gerbil you're nearly as bad as JKF in behind a general **** on HUKD.

smoke till you sleep

I've been a few times, theres a sex museum which is quite funny, and actually quite interesting! There is also a big science center, museum thing (similar to Eureka). We took the kids but adults might enjoy it too.

shopping is pretty good, went with college but wasnt allowed to get a hoe or smoke weed so all we did was shop lol

Original Poster Banned

strike;4678721

smoke till you sleep

Will obv do that for a few days, but fancy visiting some places/ trying new things. I hear the Heineken tour is good!

Original Poster Banned

honeyb35;4678772

I've been a few times, theres a sex museum which is quite funny, and … I've been a few times, theres a sex museum which is quite funny, and actually quite interesting! There is also a big science center, museum thing (similar to Eureka). We took the kids but adults might enjoy it too.

Cool thanks.

Banned

Went amsterdam in november... was brill was snowing n everything... a pint of beer is pretty dear though my friend!

Oh and bg1 got a point, they are stunning. you will probs end up decking one.

Original Poster Banned

Cluffy321;4678785

shopping is pretty good, went with college but wasnt allowed to get a hoe … shopping is pretty good, went with college but wasnt allowed to get a hoe or smoke weed so all we did was shop lol

Thanks, will take a look. Last time I was in Rotterdam I got some forest hills for £20 when they were retailing in the UK at £70.

Original Poster Banned

DangerGod;4678792

Went amsterdam in november... was brill was snowing n everything... a … Went amsterdam in november... was brill was snowing n everything... a pint of beer is pretty dear though my friend!Oh and bg1 got a point, they are stunning. you will probs end up decking one.

Ye, but its a bit of a no brainer to wear a condom if you do. Btw I hear its better to buy the stronger lager and get drunk quicker than spending a bomb?!?

Banned

P.s ... if any black mine trys grabbing your hand... walk away (pretty quickly) they try putting drugs in your hand then if you dont pay beat you up. they tried doing it to me... then i just flashed my guns and everything was cool.

LMAO @ you having to pay 'for it' in Amsterdam 'cos you 'get none' on your own accord.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Banned

davidhurn;4678823

Ye, but its a bit of a no brainer to wear a condom if you do. Btw I hear … Ye, but its a bit of a no brainer to wear a condom if you do. Btw I hear its better to buy the stronger lager and get drunk quicker than spending a bomb?!?

well, we went in teasers for a pint. cost like 8 euro or something stupid. so we went shop and bought some spirits.

Original Poster Banned

The JFK;4678834

LMAO @ you having to pay 'for it' in Amsterdam 'cos you 'get none' on … LMAO @ you having to pay 'for it' in Amsterdam 'cos you 'get none' on your own accord.BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Ha ha go on 17 year old kid!

davidhurn;4678868

Ha ha go on 17 year old kid!

I'm 17 and I'm a playa and got with many, many ladies you could only dream of getting with.

The AnneFrank museum is well worth a visit-don't be put off by the queue as it moves fairly quickly.

Original Poster Banned

The JFK;4678916

I'm 17 and I'm a playa and got with many, many ladies you could only … I'm 17 and I'm a playa and got with many, many ladies you could only dream of getting with.

You 'got with them' watching Youtube mate. Come back to reality, and realise you're an arrogant little prat.

Original Poster Banned

kt21;4678937

The AnneFrank museum is well worth a visit-don't be put off by the queue … The AnneFrank museum is well worth a visit-don't be put off by the queue as it moves fairly quickly.

Ye, I've just been reading some good reviews about it from google. Thanks for that!!

davidhurn;4678940

You 'got with them' watching Youtube mate. Come back to reality, and … You 'got with them' watching Youtube mate. Come back to reality, and realise you're an arrogant little prat.

I'm not arrogant, I just don't deny my brilliance.

The JFK;4678916

I'm 17 and I'm a playa and got with many, many ladies you could only … I'm 17 and I'm a playa and got with many, many ladies you could only dream of getting with.

Yet oddly you spend most of your time on this forum, real playa lifestyle you've got there!

every time i've been we made plans to do other things but it never happend as we just got stuck in the cafes ;-) we did manage to visit ann franks house one year, that was pretty good

Would recommend hiring bikes to get around. Wouldnt bother with the 'canal bus' tickets. These are very expensive and rather 'touristy'. We like to spend time in the Vondelpark. There always seems to be something going on and there is a great cafe in there where you can just chill. Ann Franks house is interesting too and if you buy your tickets in advance you go in a seperate entrance and avoid the queues. Roll on August when I will be going back!

Original Poster Banned

LJM;4679132

Would recommend hiring bikes to get around. Wouldnt bother with the … Would recommend hiring bikes to get around. Wouldnt bother with the 'canal bus' tickets. These are very expensive and rather 'touristy'. We like to spend time in the Vondelpark. There always seems to be something going on and there is a great cafe in there where you can just chill. Ann Franks house is interesting too and if you buy your tickets in advance you go in a seperate entrance and avoid the queues. Roll on August when I will be going back!

Bikes sounds like a cheap way to get around. Thanks!!

Original Poster Banned

Anyone know of any decent clubs to visit?

davidhurn;4679279

Anyone know of any decent clubs to visit?

[FONT="Verdana"]Would stress watching out for the gangs though, as it is getting bad over there just now especially round Amsterdam, Den Haag and Rotterdam - I work with a fellow contractor who did a stint over there just last year and he had a lot of hassle with them, as the neighborhood he was staying in was getting targeted by the gangs...long story.

Also make sure you use decent condoms! ;-) :whistling: :w00t:

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

Original Poster Banned

Scotty Boy;4680219

[FONT="Verdana"]Would stress watching out for the gangs though, as it is … [FONT="Verdana"]Would stress watching out for the gangs though, as it is getting bad over there just now especially round Amsterdam, Den Haag and Rotterdam - I work with a fellow contractor who did a stint over there just last year and he had a lot of hassle with them, as the neighborhood he was staying in was getting targeted by the gangs...long story.Also make sure you use decent condoms! ;-) :whistling: :w00t:Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

Thanks for the info. Will be wary of the gangs, but there's 10 lads going so I doubt it would be a problem lol.

kt21;4678937

The AnneFrank museum is well worth a visit-don't be put off by the queue … The AnneFrank museum is well worth a visit-don't be put off by the queue as it moves fairly quickly.

+1 There's also the ice bar. Everything is really easy to get to.

davidhurn;4680247

Thanks for the info. Will be wary of the gangs, but there's 10 lads going … Thanks for the info. Will be wary of the gangs, but there's 10 lads going so I doubt it would be a problem lol.

[FONT="Verdana"]No probs mate - just make sure none of your mates pick up a tranny and you'll be covered! lol

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction2262
      2. Just an thought regarding Paypal1211
      3. Leaking electric shower911
      4. O2 Priority concert tickets1324

See more discussions