Groups

What to do in LAKE DISTRICT? Any recommended outdoor activities? Best prices as well..

I'll be going to lake district with 10 friends..Looking for activities for a day long only..
    Prices must be affordable to university students..thanks guys..

9 Comments

Walking, cycling, climbing, canoeing etc

Class place, where abouts are you going and where are you staying? Camping?

walking is free. if youre going to windermere, the rowing boats arent a bad price

donnydude;4346214

walking is free. if youre going to windermere, the rowing boats arent a … walking is free. if youre going to windermere, the rowing boats arent a bad price

Ditto for Derwent Water (Keswick), Ullswater (Patterdale, Glenridding, Pooley Bridge) :thumbsup:

If you're going before April or so not so much is open and it can be pretty cold/wet/snowy and icy on the peaks...

Original Poster

jah128;4346195

Walking, cycling, climbing, canoeing etcClass place, where abouts are you … Walking, cycling, climbing, canoeing etcClass place, where abouts are you going and where are you staying? Camping?

we will going to edinburgh..just drop by for a day at lake district..so we are looking for activities that can be remembered for us..

IfaliD;4346261

we will going to edinburgh..just drop by for a day at lake district..so … we will going to edinburgh..just drop by for a day at lake district..so we are looking for activities that can be remembered for us..

The ]Grizedale Forest North Face trail is awesome if your into mountain biking, guess you would have to hire bikes though... Failing that plenty of excellent walks and hills to climb.

I grew up in the Lake District. You can't beat a walk there, the view is just priceless - I've spent over 20 years of my life there and NEVER got tired of it. Bring warm clothes though :-)

on winderemere there is a place called lakeside i think its a ymca there is allsorts to do there not sure if you need to book as schools go there
    they do raft building.ariel runways also have canoes if you search on google sure you would find it

Go to the stepping stones just outside Ambleside near Under Loughrigg, then on to Rydal Lake for a stunning walk and a paddle if you feel brave.

Banned

backtothecaves;4346865

Go to the stepping stones just outside Ambleside near Under Loughrigg, … Go to the stepping stones just outside Ambleside near Under Loughrigg, then on to Rydal Lake for a stunning walk and a paddle if you feel brave.

ahhh i used to go there as a kid, my nana lived in ambleside. great memories
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3769
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764476
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846256
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?28109

See more discussions