Groups

What to do in North Yorkshire

Hi
    We are off to N Yorkshire (staying nr York) for a week - anyone got any good ideas what we can do in the area?

21 Comments

go to minster, castle museum, cliffords tower, dungeons??

come to scarborough!!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Att…tml

I think I have a book of money off vouchers for York in my desk at work. I will check tomorrow and send it you if you want it

Original Poster

that would be brilliant!

Is FlamingoLand any good for 2 boys ages 9 and 12?

very. and its not far from york

We have just been to Flamingo Land today great for kids & adults. Zoo there aswell. Bit pricey entry though although u can get discounted admission tickets if you look about.

flamingo land is the best thing around there, and apparently have a new amazing ride for this year

deadduck_145;5832749

come to scarborough!!

its lovely up there - we visit snainton - if o/h loses his job we will move up there - i love it - lucky you:thumbsup:

Original Poster

discount tickets to flamingoland??? where?

If you buy the days out uk magazine £4.95( or cheaper if you find code) then inside is a 3 for 2 entry to Flamingo land saved ourselves £23 today.

daysout.co.uk/cgi…woa

daysout.co.uk/Day…pdf

dcx_badass;5832949

I like the title, what do I do in the biggest county in the … I like the title, what do I do in the biggest county in the country....?Anyways go to the coast, scarborough, whitby etc.

You know I live there and didn't even know that :roll:

cuzzy;5832875

Also a Traction Engine Rally at Pickering... August 6, 7, 8, & 9th … Also a Traction Engine Rally at Pickering... August 6, 7, 8, & 9th http://www.pickeringtractionenginerally.com/

which stavros flatley is appearing at!!!

deadduck_145;5832987

which stavros flatley is appearing at!!!

Correct....looking forward to that. :-D

Original Poster

I am gutted! We are not going till Saturday and Stavros is appearing the Thursday prior. Saw Stavros in B'mouth and he is a true star. Gutted!

Elvington air museum (outskirts of York), Eden Camp (former prisoner of war camp- about 10 miles from York), Railway Museum (centre of York, great for rainy days as its mostly indoors and its free). If you like steam trains you can go to Pickering and get a steam train to Goathland etc......

Trip to Whitby and get fish & chips from the Magpie and eat them on the Pier or go fossil hunting

gari189;5833308

Trip to Whitby and get fish & chips from the Magpie and eat them on the … Trip to Whitby and get fish & chips from the Magpie and eat them on the Pier

For a ridiculous price at an overated restaurant....:whistling:

Banned

dcx_badass;5832949

I like the title, what do I do in the biggest county in the … I like the title, what do I do in the biggest county in the country....?Anyways go to the coast, scarborough, whitby etc.

err make that the biggest county in europe:thumbsup:

i would suggest going caving or going to mother shiptons cave at least:)

yorkshire.com/yea…htm

theres also a place inbetween scarboro and whitby you can go surfing and heaps of activites to check out on above site

Dracula museum in Whitby. So bad, it's great

MMMMwwwahahahaha :evil:

deadduck_145;5833555

For a ridiculous price at an overated restaurant....:whistling:

Stayed in Whitby a couple of years ago and tried the fish & chips at the Magpie and the one voted by the locals as the best (Mr Chips or something like that - across the harbour bridge). Prices for takeawways were similar and the Magpie ones tasted better IMO but I wouldn't eat-in as the queues and prices are silly.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861857
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661379
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846149
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44

See more discussions