What to do in Nottingham???

Found 6th May 2009
Hi, I'm going to Nottingham tomorrow and was wondering if there is anything special I should see, do, etc.

Thanks for all your tips :-)

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
65 Comments

Banned

i know where ide be going if i lived in nottingham, but thats another story

in before the "wear a bullet-proof vest" comments

visit t0mm

shanecr;5139518

visit t0mm

or bitsey, or gav or michelleemoo :-D

What sort of things do you enjoy?

Original Poster

pghstochaj;5139547

What sort of things do you enjoy?

Well, mostly sights and beer since I come from Czech Republic :-)

bitseylango;5139538

or bitsey, or gav or michelleemoo :-D

someone mention me! :w00t: ;-)

Original Poster

Is it worth seeing the castle there? How about Sherwood? Any special tour which could be recommended???

Banned

DangerGod;5139507

i know where ide be going if i lived in nottingham, but thats another … i know where ide be going if i lived in nottingham, but thats another story

michelleleemoo;5139580

someone mention me! :w00t: ;-)

potlepa;5139577

Lots of pubs around the main market square, Nottingham Castle, Galleries of Justice.......,

nottinghamcity.gov.uk/ind…=98

potlepa;5139615

Is it worth seeing the castle there? How about Sherwood? Any special tour … Is it worth seeing the castle there? How about Sherwood? Any special tour which could be recommended???

Meh, castle isnt anything special personally.

Sherwood or Sherwood forest.

Sherwood, is just boring.

Sherwood forest can be okay for a walk.
Lace market could be a good viewing.

Gallaries of justice is good.

potlepa;5139577

Sites? Hmm, well in the city centre you are pretty much limited to the Castle and lots of shopping (it's a good shopping city). Numerous pubs (obviously) with the most famous being Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem (which claims to be the oldest Inn in England) and others that serve real ale etc. if desired. If you are not limited to the centre, there are a few more things though.

Banned

Shoot someone?
Visit The Meadows?
Shoot someone again?
St Anns is lovely this time of year too.

Original Poster

t0mm;5139658

Meh, castle isnt anything special personally.Sherwood or Sherwood … Meh, castle isnt anything special personally.Sherwood or Sherwood forest.Sherwood, is just boring.Sherwood forest can be okay for a walk.Lace market could be a good viewing.Gallaries of justice is good.

I meant Sherwood forest. How far is it from the city centre?

t0mm;5139658

Meh, castle isnt anything special personally.Sherwood or Sherwood … Meh, castle isnt anything special personally.Sherwood or Sherwood forest.Sherwood, is just boring.Sherwood forest can be okay for a walk.Lace market could be a good viewing.Gallaries of justice is good.

I think we take the castle for granted Tom, visitors actually find it quite interesting......even if it looks nowt like a castle!

You must check out the oldest pub in england its called the trip to jerusalem and its just under the castle hope you have a great day just ignore all the shottingham comments just keep out of radford and you should be fine

potlepa;5139692

about a 45 minute drive from the City centre

potlepa;5139615

Is it worth seeing the castle there? How about Sherwood? Any special tour … Is it worth seeing the castle there? How about Sherwood? Any special tour which could be recommended???

Sherwood is a suburb about 2-3 miles from the centre, about 15 miles further along and you reach Sherwood Forest, which is only nice for walks - but there are nicer places for that. Rufford, Newstead Abbey etc.

potlepa;5139692

sherwood forest is MILES away from city centre!

Banned

Clumber Park is great for dogging. Bit far, but a great spot.

vibeone;5139684

Shoot someone?Visit The Meadows?Shoot someone again?St Anns is lovely … Shoot someone?Visit The Meadows?Shoot someone again?St Anns is lovely this time of year too.

what do you know about stans :w00t:

Banned

michelleleemoo;5139750

what do you know about stans :w00t:

It's rough?

Hehe... when I was young and silly, I accidently ended up walking through the meadows as well.

God it was scary.

Original Poster

Any interesting buildings??? Architecture????

vibeone;5139764

It's rough?Hehe... when I was young and silly, I accidently ended up … It's rough?Hehe... when I was young and silly, I accidently ended up walking through the meadows as well.God it was scary.

well I accidently ended up living there! :thinking:

(its thorneywood really ;-))

vibeone;5139764

It's rough?Hehe... when I was young and silly, I accidently ended up … It's rough?Hehe... when I was young and silly, I accidently ended up walking through the meadows as well.God it was scary.

Why is it scary? I certainly have never been scared there.

I used to live in St.Anns :-(

potlepa;5139788

At the playhouse there is a rather interesting mirror and you could have a drink at the limelight there if it is nice, otherwise the town is a mix between reasonable and 1960s. I would say shopping should be your major "to do" unless you hate it.

Banned

pghstochaj;5139793

Why is it scary? I certainly have never been scared there.

Well I walked into the centre from Trent Brdige, got half way in, and realised a lot of people were staring at me. Then I realised they looked a bit angry as well.

Maybe I just caught it on a bad day, but I don't fancy going back, and can handle myself better now than back then!!

Banned

potlepa;5139788

TRAMS!!!!

Theres TRAMS i tell thee

bitseylango;5139795

I used to live in St.Anns :-(

omg :w00t:

Its not as bad as people make out, honest :oops:

michelleleemoo;5139833

omg :w00t: Its not as bad as people make out, honest :oops:

I lived right next to Robin Hood Chase :w00t:

vibeone;5139814

Well I walked into the centre from Trent Brdige, got half way in, and … Well I walked into the centre from Trent Brdige, got half way in, and realised a lot of people were staring at me. Then I realised they looked a bit angry as well. Maybe I just caught it on a bad day, but I don't fancy going back, and can handle myself better now than back then!!

That's not really the Meadows in a genuine sense, not if you went in a straight line

It has a history and its name goes a long way back, probably to the 70s, but as somebody who doesn't live there and has experienced many places in the UK, I find it fine, just deprived. I always found Aspley much more worrying.

potlepa;5139788

I forgot about the incinerator

bitseylango;5139840

I lived right next to Robin Hood Chase :w00t:

Ive lived near the promenade (bath st), near marple square and now up t posh end haha. I have also lived in bestwood and aspley and can honestly say give me st anns any time.

did you used to go 'adventure' bits?

michelleleemoo;5139892

Ive lived near the promenade (bath st), near marple square and now up t … Ive lived near the promenade (bath st), near marple square and now up t posh end haha. I have also lived in bestwood and aspley and can honestly say give me st anns any time.did you used to go 'adventure' bits?

whats wrong with bestwood

scoobydoobydooo;5139905

What isn't wrong with it ?:p

scoobydoobydooo;5139905

touchy much he he. take it on the chin, I do :-D But honestly, in my experience, it was awful

michelleleemoo;5139892

Ive lived near the promenade (bath st), near marple square and now up t … Ive lived near the promenade (bath st), near marple square and now up t posh end haha. I have also lived in bestwood and aspley and can honestly say give me st anns any time.did you used to go 'adventure' bits?

Is that code for Forest Road?
i lived there from 1989 - 1993 thhen I moved to Arnold. I grew up in West bridgford, moved to Sherwood, Sneinton, Eastwood and The Park, in that order..........had a life of highs and lows :-D

t0mm;5139927

What isn't wrong with it ?:p

lol,,lived here all me life,,no probs
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1981431
    2. Massive reductions on PSVR units - UK next?1018
    3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)75598
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771904

See more discussions