What to do? Please give me suggestions

Found 2nd Dec 2017
I got a 3 sim only contract last month. Before I got it, I even checked the network service in my area from their website. Now the internet speed is less than 1 mb per second at day time. It takes agea to open my e-mail account. I am paying £26 per month. Please help what can I do? Is their any rights I can apply
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Sorry to point out that it seems you are assuming it is a network problem. It may not be. The coverage map and speed are, unfortunately, completely different animals. You could ask 3 if they are aware of a problem in your specific location.

Presumably you are accessing lots of different web sites offering different services (page reads, streaming, music, video etc) and its universally slow across all of them? You may wish to consider if its your phone. You could try clearing cache, cookies etc and checking if you have any blocks on advertising links in place (probably not but.....). Your phone may have a software update available. Call 3 Tech support and ask for help. They will probably try to help. They may send you configs for your phone/tablet by text and its worth accepting them.

Lunchtime anywhere tends to be busier than other times if you are in an office/city centre environment when a lot of people suddenly have free time. We live close to a Uni and student patterns affect service availability. If the speed picks up outside that time, its probably network user load related.

Strongly suggest you explain to 3 that you are not happy. Specifically, that you are not receiving the promised service and, politely but firmly, make it their problem if you can. You need to look at the Ts&Cs under which you bought the service and any break clauses. If you bought online and its less than 14 days, you could demand a refund. They will refuse as the service has been activated but clearly you are not receiving the service you expected based on their advertising. Your possible redress is a regulatory complaint to OFCOM. I have no idea of 3 treat such things seriosuly. Some do. Some don't.
Thanks so much. I think there is some kind of problem in my area. The network bar shows full and it is 4G but download speed is less than 1m
shaon89ahmed3 m ago

Thanks so much. I think there is some kind of problem in my area. The …Thanks so much. I think there is some kind of problem in my area. The network bar shows full and it is 4G but download speed is less than 1m

Just out of interest, what are you paying £26 for?

I pay 3 £16 a month for unlimited data and texts, 500 minutes and 30GB tethering. I think your price plan may be the initial problem
100gb and unlimited min textQuidco cashback
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants