Groups

What to do when you see a duplicate post?

Now that I'm getting to be a HUKD addict (!) I sometimes see duplicate deal posts - what is the correct thing to do when you see a duplicate? I always post in the thread to say it's a duplicate ... but then what?

I have hit expire on a couple, but then nothing much seems to happen. I have reported one, but then felt really bad about it...

What should I do next time? Thanks

17 Comments

click the report button on one :P

Original Poster

I did that, but then I felt really bad about it - isn't that more if the post is offensive or something - seemed a bit OTT ...

1. Write that it is a duplicate post in the thread, and provide a link.
    2. Use the "Report post" button and copy and paste the link to the original deal, and let the Mods know why you are reporting it.
    3. Press "Spam" NOT "Expire", as when it is expired, it can not be spammed.

best thing to do is strip off and cover yourself with jam then stand outside near a wasp or hornets nest. I find that helps.

Original Poster

thesaint;2130493

1. Write that it is a duplicate post in the thread, and provide a link.2. … 1. Write that it is a duplicate post in the thread, and provide a link.2. Use the "Report post" button and copy and paste the link to the original deal, and let the Mods know why you are reporting it.3. Press "Spam" NOT "Expire", as when it is expired, it can not be spammed.

What is the difference between 'spam' & 'expire' please?

SunTzu;2130496

best thing to do is strip off and cover yourself with jam then stand … best thing to do is strip off and cover yourself with jam then stand outside near a wasp or hornets nest. I find that helps.

I would really suggest people dont try that.

Original Poster

SunTzu;2130496

best thing to do is strip off and cover yourself with jam then stand … best thing to do is strip off and cover yourself with jam then stand outside near a wasp or hornets nest. I find that helps.

???!!!... I'll bear it in mind ... NOT!

Laffy42;2130505

What is the difference between 'spam' & 'expire' please?

Expired threads remain visible, spammed threads are sent to the HUKD dungeon where they can only be seen by the moderators/Admin.

It takes 2 or more "High Class" members like myself to "Spam" a thread, or many more "Bargain bucket" members.

If you write in the duplicate thread and provide a link, then others can easily read the original thread, and join you in spamming it to pergatory.

thesaint;2130527

Expired threads remain visible, spammed threads are sent to the HUKD … Expired threads remain visible, spammed threads are sent to the HUKD dungeon where they can only be seen by the moderators/Admin.It takes 2 or more "High Class" members like myself to "Spam" a thread, or many more "Bargain bucket" members. If you write in the duplicate thread and provide a link, then others can easily read the original thread, and join you in spamming it to pergatory.

very helpful info from a 'more established' hukd member - 'recently joined' members will surely take note:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thank you to the 'igh clarss memb'r for his kind explanation ... I'll just get back in my bucket now...!

PS have just spammed & reported duplicate to one of my posts ... which was why I asked in the first place! Cheers for your help!

don`t forget to touch your cap after speaking with these refined senior members

Banned

What makes you 'High Class'? Number of posts/rep or Solar flare??

ODB_69;2130771

What makes you 'High Class'? Number of posts/rep or Solar flare??

Number of posts can be gained very easily.
    Rep can be gained for doing nothing noteworty.
    Solar Flare is the same as number of posts.

If you have to ask, then it's safe to assume that you will never make it to the "Hall of Fame" with the social elite.

There's nothing wrong with being a bargain bucket member, it's just that there will always be members who are more equal than others.

thesaint;2130493

1. Write that it is a duplicate post in the thread, and provide a link.2. … 1. Write that it is a duplicate post in the thread, and provide a link.2. Use the "Report post" button and copy and paste the link to the original deal, and let the Mods know why you are reporting it.3. Press "Spam" NOT "Expire", as when it is expired, it can not be spammed.

Thanks the saint, that is exactly right.

Banned

thesaint;2130901

Number of posts can be gained very easily.Rep can be gained for doing … Number of posts can be gained very easily.Rep can be gained for doing nothing noteworty.Solar Flare is the same as number of posts.If you have to ask, then it's safe to assume that you will never make it to the "Hall of Fame" with the social elite. There's nothing wrong with being a bargain bucket member, it's just that there will always be members who are more equal than others.

lol....should have expected that from you....

but seriously.....what?

Banned

SteJosh;2130482

click the report button on one :P

PMSL... good 'ole lancy humour :-D

OrginalTopcat;2130921

PMSL... good 'ole lancy humour :-D

:whistling::whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767508
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553813
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814507
      4. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....68

See more discussions