Expired

What to do with a bad haircut?

Found 26th Nov 2010
So, I'm a bloke with girl hair. Down to the shoulders it was, until this afternoon, when I went for a haircut and walked out feeling faintly ill. It's just, my hair's a complete **** and it curls out like a ****, and it basically means that the delicately arranged layers that the hairdresser gave me, although they were fine when my hair was damp, have turned into a **** mushroom now. Worse, it's far shorter than I wanted it to be. Like, mouth-length. And this leaves me two options.

1) Visit a hairdresser first thing tomorrow morning, get something new done with it. I don't know what.

2) Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I'm erring on the side of a buzzcut. It'll mean girls will be substantially less enamoured by my locks and my ears will get cold, but I'm thinking of it as being like a reformat and reinstall, and they're always good. What does Misc say?

1. Misc
  2. Haircut
21 Comments

Its the bleak mid winter.......wear a hat X)

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

short back and sides, you shouldn't have gurls hair.

but if you're really not happy with it, you should go back to where it was cut, and ask them to sort it.

Supermod

I have just had my "Busted Style" hair cut to a more conventional short back and sides with a longer top. Can you not go for something like that? I disliked it for 5 minutes but now love it.
Edited by: "magicjay1986" 26th Nov 2010

I always thought you were a woman!

Anyway, to answer your question, wash it at home - often it looks better when you wash and dry it yourself, but if you are really unhappy either go back and say you aren't happy or go to another hairdressers and get it fixed.

Great thing about hair is that it grows.
Plus men look hotter with shorter hair - she probably did you a favour X)

Think we need pictures to help

BUZZZZZZZ!

Short hair, all the way.

pics please,
my bro bic's his every weekend (well gets his wife to do it) & gets plenty of female attention much to my sis in laws annoyance (_;)

eew......man with layers and frizz problems is wrong....

man up brah ..short back and sides ftw!!
Edited by: "magicbeans" 26th Nov 2010

Get some GHD's.

Supermod

aunty jane

pics please, :3my bro bic's his every weekend (well gets his wife to do … pics please, :3my bro bic's his every weekend (well gets his wife to do it) & gets plenty of female attention much to my sis in laws annoyance (_;)

In my experience, that style doesn't attract the girls that I would usually be attracted to myself.

Supermod

angelfairee

Get some GHD's.

Hello beautiful. You still gorgeous?

angelfairee

Get some GHD's.

Noooooooooo, cut it off!!

if its like thishttp://i51.tinypic.com/2e372hi.jpgthen you need this http://i53.tinypic.com/2aewnl5.jpg

magicjay1986

In my experience, that style doesn't attract the girls that I would … In my experience, that style doesn't attract the girls that I would usually be attracted to myself.

magicjay1986

This combination of replies means that you know I LOVE your Busted hair.

Well, I did love it. Now it's gone.

I'm so not interested anymore...

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Decision, then: Gonna run my GHDs over it, and if it still looks like ass, I'll give it a wash, and failing that, bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. It's gonna feel seriously weird if I do buzzcut it, I've had girlhair for something like 5 years now. Arg.

Oh, and Sickly Sweet, you really thought I was a woman? Did you at least think I might be a lesbian?

Supermod

magicjay1986

In my experience, that style doesn't attract the girls that I would … In my experience, that style doesn't attract the girls that I would usually be attracted to myself.

magicjay1986

My friends now call me Aiden, you know, the cretin who was on X Factor.
Edited by: "magicjay1986" 26th Nov 2010

Original Poster

I wussed out

So, back to the hair dresser's in the morning, gonna show them a picture of what I want it to be like, and I'll get them to buzzcut it if it's still no good. And I'll post pics tomorrow if I feel especially brave.

dxx

I wussed out So, back to the hair dresser's in the morning, gonna … I wussed out So, back to the hair dresser's in the morning, gonna show them a picture of what I want it to be like, and I'll get them to buzzcut it if it's still no good. And I'll post pics tomorrow if I feel especially brave.

I'm sure it'll be fine - might just be a bit strange if you've had longer hair for 5+ years and just had it cut.
I'm sure you'll get used to it however you decide to have it

please upload a pic lololol

dxx

I wussed out So, back to the hair dresser's in the morning, gonna … I wussed out So, back to the hair dresser's in the morning, gonna show them a picture of what I want it to be like, and I'll get them to buzzcut it if it's still no good. And I'll post pics tomorrow if I feel especially brave.

Good for you, ask for a different hairdresser and make sure they do what you ask them to.
Can't be that bad that it needs shaving, the length that you say it is a decent stylist should be able to do anything you like. Good luck

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.