What to do With Broken Headphones?

10 replies
Found 2nd Feb 2010
I have about 5 - 6 pairs of broken headphones (all about 20 quid, and 1 for £60), all have lost signal to one of the ears. What can I do with them? Is it possible to fix them? It's costing me a fortune.

Cheers!

10 Comments

Bin them !

simples:thumbsup:

put it on flbay:whistling:

Repair them.

return to manufacturer for replacement?

Send them to me, I'd do it lol

Original Poster

transit;7733859

Bin them !simples:thumbsup:

But I've spent so much on them, as a student I must be able to salvage something from them:roll:

flp14344;7733872

put it on flbay:whistling:

Do people do that?

Trickyjabs;7733952

Repair them.

Yeah, but I have no idea how to use a soldering iron or what to do

harlzter;7734003

return to manufacturer for replacement?Send them to me, I'd do it lol

All over warranty period, trust me it was the 1st thing I thought

Lost Symphonies;7734026

But I've spent so much on them, as a student I must be able to salvage … But I've spent so much on them, as a student I must be able to salvage something from them

Use the cable as shoe laces :thumbsup:

reconsider how you treat your headphones is my advice.

juiceblaster;7734229

^^^ this.

You're obviously not capable of looking after your headphones so my advice is to buy future ones from PoundLand. :thumbsup:

Banned

Jumpingphil;7735116

Is it the same side?Could it be that whatever you are pluging them into … Is it the same side?Could it be that whatever you are pluging them into is broken?

thinking out the box... i like it!

op if the headphones are actually broken then you can take the broken headphone off one pair and the good one off another pair and then stitch the good one onto the other good one. tie a knot between the two wires then just use some electrical tape to seal it up.

I did it once ages ago.. i had to sand the metal wires down a bit as they had a coating on them.. one side was green and the other was orange if i remember correctly

check this out instructables.com/id/…es/

Original Poster

transit;7734052

Use the cable as shoe laces :thumbsup:

HAHA great idea :-D

juiceblaster;7734229

Well I am at music college, using them every day for hours and hours, I need strong earphones or headphones without breaking the bank but there are none really. I can understand them breaking because they are always around, but its the jacks which I think has gone on most of them.

You're obviously not capable of looking after your headphones so my … You're obviously not capable of looking after your headphones so my advice is to buy future ones from PoundLand. :thumbsup:

Shocking sound quality, can't bring myself to do that

dcx_badass;7734382

It's really not hard to fix them if you can be bothered.

Even if it is near the jack? And lets just say my sokdering skills or DIY skills are.... unorthodox :-D

Jumpingphil;7735116

Is it the same side?Could it be that whatever you are pluging them into … Is it the same side?Could it be that whatever you are pluging them into is broken?

Thought of that, but they all have been tested in my computer and my mates iPod.

bykergrove;7735138

thinking out the box... i like it!op if the headphones are actually … thinking out the box... i like it!op if the headphones are actually broken then you can take the broken headphone off one pair and the good one off another pair and then stitch the good one onto the other good one. tie a knot between the two wires then just use some electrical tape to seal it up.I did it once ages ago.. i had to sand the metal wires down a bit as they had a coating on them.. one side was green and the other was orange if i remember correctlycheck this out http://www.instructables.com/id/Easy-Headphone-Repair-for-Broken-Wires/

Great advice mate, Ill have a gander see if any one them have broken more up the wire :thumbsup:

Rep will be left later on guys, thanks for your ideas!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57581
  2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
  3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
  4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions