What to do with O2 PAYG credit? How to spend it on useful stuff?

56 replies
Found 6th Apr 2011
Hi,

I have quite a bit of O2 PAYG credit available, as I only top up so I can get the broadband discount. What's the best way to spend the credit? I already have a great T-mobile contract and do not need calls or texts. I also do not need ringtones or similar. Any suggestions on what I can spend the credit on?

Thanks!

56 Comments

Why is this in deals?
But I do have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM xD

http://betnow.co.uk/bet/events.aspx?s=Football

Works really well too! Just bet on a 'sure' event, like barcelona to beat almeria You can then collect the money from a post office if you take your phone and proof of ID with you!

melmorc

http://www.betnow.co.uk

*LIKE*

melmorc

http://www.betnow.co.uk

tomwatts you beat me to it but great minds think alike (_;)

melmorc

tomwatts you beat me to it but great minds think alike (_;)

When I did the O2 world cup deal I got my money back this way - Placed a cheeky bet on England to beat Slovenia... SO glad it came off

Original Poster

Thanks for the tips. I put this in the forum, misc section, so hopefully, it should be there. If it's not, maybe a mod can move it?

Anything else apart from betting? I may try that, but I'm SO bad at it, and I never really bet.

kavakava

Thanks for the tips. I put this in the forum, misc section, so hopefully, … Thanks for the tips. I put this in the forum, misc section, so hopefully, it should be there. If it's not, maybe a mod can move it?Anything else apart from betting? I may try that, but I'm SO bad at it, and I never really bet.

Theres no way of transferring it - Seriously, the betting thing is the best offer you'll get I'd imagine...

Where do you live OP?

Original Poster

I'm in London, why?

national lottery via text

how much we talking about on your phone like ?

Parking?

Comic relief

Original Poster

I have £45 credit on the phone.

You can use it to pay for both parking and the congestion charge - also look at splashcard? £10 quidco available too

Original Poster

Thanks for the tip, tomwatts - but I do not drive, only public transport. Wish I could top up my Oyster with it.

tomwatts

You can use it to pay for both parking and the congestion charge - also … You can use it to pay for both parking and the congestion charge - also look at splashcard? £10 quidco available too

quido for this is £6 or £11 for those who refer a friend

you need email address, you current uk address and you mobile number
you pay £5 vie debit card or sms or paypoint voucher for the card fee

kavakava

Thanks for the tip, tomwatts - but I do not drive, only public transport. … Thanks for the tip, tomwatts - but I do not drive, only public transport. Wish I could top up my Oyster with it.

Wish I could buy petrol with it...

Donate to comic relief?
I know £5 is 'Yes' to 70005, I'm pretty sure £1 is 70001, and £10 is 70010.

I've actually gone and placed two bets today - this is addictive!!

Btw, there's a minimum withdrawal limit of £16.50 (£1.50 will be taken by the Post Office so it will become £15).

You could always wait for an NFC phone to come out...

The best way would be via the National Lottery. It costs 20p to add funds, and the credit just appears on your account. You can then withdraw to your debit card or just buy tickets!

You need to register your mobile, then text "LOAD 10" to 61111 - change the 10 to what ever you want.

Saves you going to the the Post Office. And it's just worked for me.

Original Poster

Jasonz

The best way would be via the National Lottery. It costs 20p to add … The best way would be via the National Lottery. It costs 20p to add funds, and the credit just appears on your account. You can then withdraw to your debit card or just buy tickets!You need to register your mobile, then text "LOAD 10" to 61111 - change the 10 to what ever you want.Saves you going to the the Post Office. And it's just worked for me.

Hi - sounds good - but it looks like it takes the money from your registered debit card when you send "LOAD 10" to 61111, and NOT your PAYG balance!

kavakava

Hi - sounds good - but it looks like it takes the money from your … Hi - sounds good - but it looks like it takes the money from your registered debit card when you send "LOAD 10" to 61111, and NOT your PAYG balance!

You're right it does. Sorry.

Original Poster

No worries - good try. Any other suggestions?

betnow.co.uk has closed down, is there any similar betting service like that?

aww crap
i was on betnow a few hours ago!

Yes I am getting betnow now shut. Says they will contact customers in next 2-3 weeks.

yeah, it's a shame cos that was quite convenient.
i can't find any other way to convert credit into cash, or use credit to pay for things. except onebip which looks a bit suspect and charges 41% oO

anyone..?

BUMP!

Yup - just tried to use my excess PAYG credit on lottery tickets (fail) and looked for txt betting services and couldn't find any still going.

There must be so much money locked up in PAYG accounts - just sitting there!

Original Poster

I know! I'm still looking for a GOOD way to spend my PAYG credit, and still - nothing!

Bump?
I found this thread and still don't know how to spend my credit!
The only thing I did was get the phone unlocked..

Original Poster

I'm also still looking. I don't want ringtones and I don't want to spend £60 of credit to get £30 cash.

You can buy your wife a little box of samples for £1.50 and the cost to send 1 text every month latestinbeauty.com/sig…e=1

cxxr

Bump?I found this thread and still don't know how to spend my credit! The … Bump?I found this thread and still don't know how to spend my credit! The only thing I did was get the phone unlocked..

You could use it to spend on charity's i think shops had a thread around here somewhere

Banned

You can actually redeem this on getpoundsback.co.uk, but you lose about £4 for every £10 you redeem...

Details from site:

Do you want to convert your PAYG Mobile Phone Credit into Cash?
Will you ever spend that balance on call or data charges? If not, GetPoundsBack can offer you a service that releases some of the cash balance that you have accumulated.

Our Mobile Phone PAYG Cashback Service can be used to cash in credit from any type of PAYG SIM card, whether it's O2, Orange, 3, T-Mobile, Vodafone, Virgin or Tesco Mobile. So if you've upgraded your phone and have an old handset with unused credit that you want to cash in or if you use a PAYG web/text top up plan which leaves you with unused credit each month, then this service could be the ideal solution.

Here's how Mobile PAYG cashback works.
After you have decided how much of your Pay As You Go credit you wish to redeem, there are just a few simple steps to follow:

If you are not already a member of Getpoundsback, you need to Register Now or if you are an existing member you will need to ensure your mobile phone number is registered within your Account Details
Click 'Mobile PAYG Cashback' from our category menu on the left
Click to ‘Pay by Mobile’ to be directed to the first payment screen. Enter your mobile number and click on 'Send my code'
For security purposes, a pin code will be sent to your mobile phone via text.
When you have received the text, click 'I've received my code' and enter the pin code to verify your identity and to confirm that you are the owner of the mobile phone.
Once you have entered your pin code, click 'Pay Now' & your payment will be confirmed. Please note that due to the nature of mobile phone payment systems, the payment CAN NOT be reversed. This means we are unable to offer you a refund.

Original Poster

"IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Unfortunately, due to some abuse of our service we have had to suspend the Std Pay tariff temporarily.
All genuine transactions that are pending will be paid in the normal time frame.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Or you could just not spend it and have it credited to your account when you sign up to a better value sim-only/contract deal. Just sayin'

Original Poster

Badders256

Or you could just not spend it and have it credited to your account when … Or you could just not spend it and have it credited to your account when you sign up to a better value sim-only/contract deal. Just sayin'

I don't think you can do that. Anyways - not signing up to a better value deal. Just have this one for broadband discount.

I've got £60 with O2 PAYG SIM Card for their discount on Broadband also want to find a use for it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How are these websites Direct2Mum, PreciousLittleOne?11
    2. Is this expensive?69
    3. 48 hour working time directive812
    4. MacBook66

See more discussions