what to do with old VHS tapes

Found 13th Dec 2017
Got a dozen or so mostly Disney. Any ideas rather than the dump?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Put them on gumtree as a lot of motor impaired disabled people find them easier to load than dvds.
20 Comments
Most charity shops don't accept them anymore so will probably just have to bin them.
Burn
Maybe eBay? Other than that, no ideas, sorry, we tipped a load last week (don’t think any were Disney though)
VHS to Digital converter?
Make a fort?
Put them on gumtree as a lot of motor impaired disabled people find them easier to load than dvds.
Childrens hospital or nursing home for people with demencia like me lol
VHS ribbons

32725091-tBmuJ.jpg
Shengis1 h, 47 m ago

get some more and get arty farty : …get some more and get arty farty : https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vhs+upcycling&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPnYv3p4fYAhVFK8AKHQFuAaMQsAQIKA&biw=1280&bih=669

Perhaps to make future collectables.
It has happened to vinyl.
Ring your local hospitals children ward. See if they still use VHS.
THANKS FOR THE REPLIES, I WILL GIVE KESTER76'S IDEA A GO.
Some Disney titles aren't available in their original form on DVD (Muppet Christmas Carol, Song Of The South) so you may want to check before disposing of them in case you have a rarity.
OFAH are worth a few quid...
BillySollox19 m ago

OFAH are worth a few quid...

I have them all on VHS that I got out of woolies years ago
The ones I don't have are on VHS from the tv , and now stuck on dvds .
Edited by: "KemCol" 13th Dec 2017
KemCol13th Dec 2017

I have them all on VHS that I got out of woolies years ago The ones I …I have them all on VHS that I got out of woolies years ago The ones I don't have are on VHS from the tv , and now stuck on dvds .

I've just found a few too

32727262-h0Hs5.jpg
Bin down our tip for them. It's marked up for videos. Job lot for x amount of £s if your lucky but not much good to most. Naff picture to start with..
I rang up my local hospice and asked if they wanted them. They jumped at it. The hospitals will use them for children etc or sell them on and money raised goes back into buying items for the children's ward . They even asked for broken video tapes as they got children to make art work with the black tape etc in my city hospital.
BillySollox1 h, 53 m ago

I've just found a few too[Image]

you found them, cleared a shelf, put them on the shelf and then took a photo?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions