what to get the 'hard to buy for/no sense of humour' computer geek brother in law

Posted 16th Dec 2019
Any ideas? Basically as cheap as possible. He has loads of money so doesn't really 'need' anything. He's a lovely guy but has very little sense of humour so 'funny' things won't really work. He doesn't drink either so alcohol (my usual go-to gift) isn't applicable either.

Any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
well if he’s only a brother in law surely your other half or if he’s married to your sister they would have a better idea than random strangers on a bargain site...
24 Comments
food hamper, non alcoholic.
Is he a developer?
Xboxgamer32116/12/2019 13:20

Is he a developer?

No he works in high level computer security for banking/business
AMaky16/12/2019 13:19

food hamper, non alcoholic.

He's really fussy with food too so I wouldn't really know where to start
Get him a funny shirt off of red bubble related to work.
well if he’s only a brother in law surely your other half or if he’s married to your sister they would have a better idea than random strangers on a bargain site...
Does he like anything like Star Wars, Marvel or DC characters, Game of Thrones, etc?
39398618-yXmUC.jpg
hotphoenix3016/12/2019 13:21

No he works in high level computer security for banking/business

A white hat; a black hat and a grey hat? (Sort of computer security related humour-ey)
Edited by: "tomstory" 16th Dec 2019
Bargainhead16/12/2019 13:25

well if he’s only a brother in law surely your other half or if he’s mar …well if he’s only a brother in law surely your other half or if he’s married to your sister they would have a better idea than random strangers on a bargain site...

My partner is really poorly in hospital at the moment so I'm trying to do all the shopping myself whilst juggling two teens and a new baby. The internet is my friend.
Edited by: "hotphoenix30" 16th Dec 2019
tomstory16/12/2019 13:55

A white hat; a black hat and a grey hat? (Sort of computer security …A white hat; a black hat and a grey hat? (Sort of computer security related humour-ey)

Actually that might not be a bad idea as he cycles everywhere. Thanks
Any of the 'Dilbert' books. It's all pretty much 'anti-office' humour that anyone in an office will appreciate. I know you say he hasn't got a sense of humour, but in reality he probably just has a different sense of humour to you.
A life?
All relatives guaranteed to like this, very cheap for what it is, especially for banking

39399588-fLWEC.jpg
Edited by: "splender" 16th Dec 2019
Lady of the night?
Get him a No Place Like 127.0.01 T-shirt.
The complimentary concept to : "what to get the 'hard to buy for/no sense of humour'

is, in reverse gifting, your brother-in-law could be asking about you:-

"What deal to get the unimaginative/lack-of-posting-deals ungeeked brother-in-law
box of ferrero on the deal section. everyone likes sweets
Get him a Rubik's cube
A gift card. One4All covers many bases.

Thats the easiest gift to get when you are struggling, or just cant be bothered to make an effort.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants