What to look for in dryer? any advice, worth paying more, etc

11 replies
Found 3rd Mar 2010
I am looking for a new dryer but there are ordinary ones and condenser ones, which i havent had. Looking for the most economical i can, my last one had rear hose which i had piped outside, so dont know if need condenser type.
interested in any advice on these, need large 6/7kg capacity too. Is the condenser just for eco friendly reasons or other???

any advice appreciated peops thanks.

11 Comments

Banned

Good personality, good humour, cooks good food

I bought an AEG dryer and had it now a few years its brilliant, There is not much to wrong with a drier as a rule.

Original Poster

ryman1000;8011506

Good personality, good humour, cooks good food

lol, wouldnt make much dif to my cooking, can ruin clothes in it too very well. hence loadsa buying here, as they start my size and end up fitting youngest. grrrr.

Original Poster

bluebindy123;8011519

I bought an AEG dryer and had it now a few years its brilliant, There is … I bought an AEG dryer and had it now a few years its brilliant, There is not much to wrong with a drier as a rule.

must look at that brand, never had anything of that make before.

128plant;8011532

must look at that brand, never had anything of that make before.

They are a bit more expensive but I think it was worth the money. The reviews are usually quite on these too.

Banned

one with a sensor and a long guarantee, the sensor knows how dry it is (adjustable) and turns onto cold tumble for a while, saves energy and creases less.

the outside pipe one is the best type, stick with that if you can

the condensor is slower and uses more power, and is usually plumbed in to a water supply and drain pipe (it uses cold water to condense with)

Original Poster

jubbyme;8011566

one with a sensor and a long guarantee

didnt think was a sensor, my old one just stayed at one heat no matter what number i put it on. enough is enough for that old faithful.

jubbyme;8011566

one with a sensor and a long guarantee, the sensor knows how dry it is … one with a sensor and a long guarantee, the sensor knows how dry it is (adjustable) and turns onto cold tumble for a while, saves energy and creases less.the outside pipe one is the best type, stick with that if you can the condensor is slower and uses more power, and is usually plumbed in to a water supply and drain pipe (it uses cold water to condense with)

Only a very small minority of condenser dryers need plumbing in, Very rare in fact these days. Most condenser dryers have a container which collects the water, You have to empty occasionally.

Vented dryers usually use less energy.

I've got an idesit condenser dryer and as it's made by Hotpoint I'm actually quite surprised to say it's still working after over a year. Every other Hotpoint product I've had as gone faulty within a year or gone totally kaput within two or three years. It's used about two to three times a week so it's done well.

White Knight are very highly recommended, My mums got one and it must be 10 - 15 years old and still going strong...!!!

Original Poster

shauneco;8011749

Only a very small minority of condenser dryers need plumbing in, Very … Only a very small minority of condenser dryers need plumbing in, Very rare in fact these days. Most condenser dryers have a container which collects the water, You have to empty occasionally. Vented dryers usually use less energy.I've got an idesit condenser dryer and as it's made by Hotpoint I'm actually quite surprised to say it's still working after over a year. Every other Hotpoint product I've had as gone faulty within a year or gone totally kaput within two or three years. It's used about two to three times a week so it's done well. White Knight are very highly recommended, My mums got one and it must be 10 - 15 years old and still going strong...!!!

oh ok, that helps, yeah my energy bills are high enough, so prob best to stay with the vented type, by the looks of it. didnt know if the white knight ones where cheap because they ate more electric.

Banned

i find my condenser one dries clothese quicker than a normal one as long as you dont stick to much in, as its a bigger drum alot of people tend to stick more in, i dry everything, i dont have a clothes line, and my leccy bills are about £100 a quarter, my heating and hob is gas, but oven and everything else is electric

Original Poster

sassie;8016304

i find my condenser one dries clothese quicker than a normal one as long … i find my condenser one dries clothese quicker than a normal one as long as you dont stick to much in, as its a bigger drum alot of people tend to stick more in, i dry everything, i dont have a clothes line, and my leccy bills are about £100 a quarter, my heating and hob is gas, but oven and everything else is electric

thanks sassie, didnt realise drum was bigger, i use those dryer balls but dont know if they help at all. make a desperate racket when they in though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Skateboarding advice (beginner) 25/yo217
    2. Building a PC Need Help!615
    3. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold22
    4. Driving anxiety.2327

See more discussions