What to look out for with refurbished iPhone 12

Posted 22nd Dec 2022 (Posted 7 h, 50 m ago)
I've just taken delivery of a 'like new' iPhone 12, and at first glance I must say I'm impressed.

The handset has zero marks/scratches on it, is reporting 100% battery health, and in 'General' -> 'About' doesn't list that any parts have been replaced.

Is there anything else I should check, before committing to the handset and handing it over to my daughter for Christmas?

P.S. if it makes any difference, I bought from GiffGaff, which whilst a little more expensive I hoped would be a more trustworthy source, and came with a much appreciated 24 month warranty.

P.P.S. How do I get this tagged for the iPhone/mobile discussions!?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Don't forget to update it for her to the latest ios version. 16.2. Also...make sure one is 2 things are on.

"Find my"....it's incredible how many times I see people saying they've lost their iPhone but cannot trace it because Find my wasn't on. Also, put either Google photos or use iCloud for her pics. Again it's incredible how many people never think to auto back up pics then complain when "precious" photos are lost!
  2. Avatar
    Congratulations on your new iPhone 12! Here are a few additional things you may want to check before committing to the handset and giving it to your daughter for Christmas:

Test the phone's features and functions: Make sure to test out the phone's features and functions to ensure that they are working properly. This includes the camera, touchscreen, buttons, and any other features that are important to you.

Check for any hidden damage: Even if the phone appears to be in good condition on the surface, it's always a good idea to check for any hidden damage. This could include water damage, which is not always visible but can cause issues with the phone's performance. You can check for water damage by removing the SIM tray and looking for any signs of corrosion or discoloration.

Check the phone's warranty status: Make sure to check the phone's warranty status to see if it is still covered by Apple's limited warranty or an extended protection plan. This will give you peace of mind and protection in case any issues arise with the phone.

Check the phone's storage capacity: Make sure to check the phone's storage capacity to ensure that it has enough space for your daughter's needs. If the phone has a low storage capacity, you may want to consider getting a larger capacity model or purchasing a microSD card to expand the storage.

I hope this helps! If you have any additional questions or concerns, ask away!
    Apple don't do MicroSD expansion, never have, never will
Top Merchants