What to replace an iPhone SE with?

Posted 31st Oct
I need to replace my SE (irreparable after I accidentally washed it in the washing machine). I really liked the size of it and there doesn’t seem to be an equivalent Apple phone anymore (size or price). Should I look at a Samsung instead, something else? I have a Mac and iPad so am I best sticking with Apple? Currently back using my old iPhone 4s which is slow and no longer supported so very few apps work on it, so really need to get something sorted soon. Was thinking of buying a iPhone 7 but worried that won’t be supported soon. Any advice/suggestions greatly received.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Buy another Phone SE
26 Comments
Buy another Phone SE
And swimming gear .
iPhone 11 maybe iPhone X iPhone XS iPhone 8 all decent phones
Get a cheap 6s from envirofone second hand
cmdr_elito31/10/2019 16:30

Ops worried that the 7 wont be supported soooo🥴
cmdr_elito31/10/2019 16:30

iPhone 6s... ugly and full of problems
Only an SE can replace an SE. But stay clear of retail stores. iPhones tend to keep their retail prices up even if it’s been 6 years. I’d go with Ebay. A good reputable seller. I’ve bought my SE from Ebay and it’s a trooper. Tough just like the iPhone 4s
DragonX31/10/2019 16:45

Only an SE can replace an SE. But stay clear of retail stores. iPhones …Only an SE can replace an SE. But stay clear of retail stores. iPhones tend to keep their retail prices up even if it’s been 6 years. I’d go with Ebay. A good reputable seller. I’ve bought my SE from Ebay and it’s a trooper. Tough just like the iPhone 4s

SE = senior edition
DragonX31/10/2019 16:43

I have a 6s and had no problems at all. It looks just like any iPhone, they all look the same in a case. It’s a screen which requires an adapter to do anything.......

Waiting for 5g model next year to upgrade it.
SE 2 reported to be coming out in Q1 next year probably sized like an 8
I am going to keep my SE until it breaks down or is not supported anymore, which ever comes first.
cmdr_elito31/10/2019 16:59

I have a 6s and had no problems at all. It looks just like any iPhone, …I have a 6s and had no problems at all. It looks just like any iPhone, they all look the same in a case. It’s a screen which requires an adapter to do anything.......Waiting for 5g model next year to upgrade it.

It’s all on personal experiences. Not saying all 6s have problems but they are known to have a few.
DragonX31/10/2019 16:43

I have 6S and works a treat. Has latest iOS. Didn’t cost arm n leg lol.
thesmellyone31/10/2019 17:31

SE 2 reported to be coming out in Q1 next year probably sized like an 8

So it’s not an se (small edition) then. We want a small phone the same as old se but with an upgrade
SE = S**t edition
DragonX31/10/2019 18:02

It’s all on personal experiences. Not saying all 6s have problems but they …It’s all on personal experiences. Not saying all 6s have problems but they are known to have a few.

Plenty of SE’s and other types of phones have problems too.
SE = super edition
cmdr_elito31/10/2019 18:34

Plenty of SE’s and other types of phones have problems too.

Yes but how many of those go on the news compared to the 6 and 6s?
I went from an SE to a 7. Big advantage is the extra screen size, disadvantage is the extra weight. Not really jeans pocket sized, but I haven't bothered to change it. Given the choice again I would have gone for the Pixel, which my son has, which is lighter. Can't be bothered with changing OS, so stuck.
Iphone 7 still gonna get ios14 update next year as 6s is still supported ios13 . Nothing to worry about. On Ebay a decent unlocked 32gb can be found for around £160-170 with warranty.
I did the same , iPhone 7 for £170 musicmagpie few months back.
DragonX31/10/2019 16:45

Only an SE can replace an SE. But stay clear of retail stores. iPhones …Only an SE can replace an SE. But stay clear of retail stores. iPhones tend to keep their retail prices up even if it’s been 6 years. I’d go with Ebay. A good reputable seller. I’ve bought my SE from Ebay and it’s a trooper. Tough just like the iPhone 4s

Thank you everyone for the advice. Was trying to see if this was the time to move away from Apple but think I’m too used to their phones. I did buy my son a refurbished 128gb SE from GiffGaff a couple of months ago as thought safer than buying from eBay. Just had a look on eBay and see prices are lower than GiffGaff. How do I know who is a reputable seller? I’m I best going for one that says Premium Service? A lot say they offer 12 month warranty but how valid is that?
redhairedgirl01/11/2019 09:55

Thank you everyone for the advice. Was trying to see if this was the time …Thank you everyone for the advice. Was trying to see if this was the time to move away from Apple but think I’m too used to their phones. I did buy my son a refurbished 128gb SE from GiffGaff a couple of months ago as thought safer than buying from eBay. Just had a look on eBay and see prices are lower than GiffGaff. How do I know who is a reputable seller? I’m I best going for one that says Premium Service? A lot say they offer 12 month warranty but how valid is that?

Feedback is key. Also, those with premium service will have more expensive items but they tend to be a larger seller more customer service focused, so it’s good if you happen to have problems with your iPhone.

I’m not sure how valid the warranty is but you can only actually make it last for 6 months through PayPal.
Scotland131431/10/2019 18:29

So it’s not an se (small edition) then. We want a small phone the same as o …So it’s not an se (small edition) then. We want a small phone the same as old se but with an upgrade

macrumors.com/rou…se/
I was feeling the same as I loved the size of se, I looked at the iPhone 8 not much bigger than se & able to pick up around £400-£500 very had a deal recently on the deals.
I bit the bullet & went for the newest iPhone 11 as I usually keep mine till die. I was thinking I would hate the size- proved my self wrong so much better (just not a easy pocket phone) haven’t looked back & get use to it very quickly.

When I pick up my old se & bfs 7 it’s just feels so odd & tiny
I read in recent weeks about a possible iPhone SE 2 in the works. It would've been on gsmarena.com as that's where I read mobile news
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants