Found 4th Jan
Evening all. Last year i got through prison break dexter and breaking bad. Any reccomendations on what i might like next. I prefer things on netflix etc that are complete as hate waiting lol

1. Ask
  2. Watch
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Watch
42 Comments

if u like true crime making a murderer is good and complete on Netflix.

vikings. man in high castle. both good

Scorpion. Mr robot. Z nation. Orange is the new black. Wentworth. House of cards.
Edited by: "barrel24" 4th Jan

Sons of Anarchy.

The walking Dead should keep you busy for a week or two

Hannibal!

Black Mirror, Chuck, Better Call Saul and The Wrong Mans.

Quarry
The walking dead
Sopranos
The wire
Vikings
Love/hate
Game of thrones

How do you get into these box sets? I watched one episode of Breaking Bad / Game of Thrones and switched off half way through. I just can't get into them. Anyone else have the same problem or is it just me that's a freak.

Peaky Blinders and Narcos are both absolutely stunning series.

whydoineedastupidusername

How do you get into these box sets? I watched one episode of Breaking Bad … How do you get into these box sets? I watched one episode of Breaking Bad / Game of Thrones and switched off half way through. I just can't get into them. Anyone else have the same problem or is it just me that's a freak.

Entertainment is subjective, I hate the opera, some people love them, you like what you like, its no more complicated than that.

It's gotta be PSYCH. All 8 seasons of awesome binge watching.

The Wire
Sons of Anarchy
Peaky Blinders
Sopranos
Ray Donavon
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Breaking Bad

Got to love narcos

Flash ain't that bad either

True Detective S1. Excellent.

The Real Exotic Marigold!

barrel24

Scorpion. Mr robot. Z nation. Orange is the new black. Wentworth. House … Scorpion. Mr robot. Z nation. Orange is the new black. Wentworth. House of cards.

What title is Mr. Robot available under on Netflix? I looked but couldn't find it.

Scorpion and Z Nation are both the sort of over the top silliness that the Americans do so well. Z Nation is a bit gory and occasionally patchy but . IIRC Netflix only has the first series.

How do you get into these box sets? I watched one episode of Breaking Bad … How do you get into these box sets? I watched one episode of Breaking Bad / Game of Thrones and switched off half way through. I just can't get into them. Anyone else have the same problem or is it just me that's a freak.

I haven't tried game of thrones but I gave up on breaking bad after the first or second episode. Try some non-US drama if you don't get on with it. I think Netflix has The Returned (both the original and the US remake) and if you have access to 4OD/All4 then Channel 4 has drama from around the world available. I enjoyed The Invisibles (Czech absurdity) and Heartless (Scandi-noir with a touch of myth). There's other stuff around too, the BBC have the Australian drama Cleverman which I watched the first episode of recently, although I haven't got around to the second.

Plus there are plenty of older UK series available complete on catch-up players these days, so it's a good chance to watch with anything you missed the first time around. Utopia, Black books, Misfits etc.

New stuff too, the BBC recently did a Doctor Who spin-off called Class that's only available streamed that is perfectly enjoyable.

Westworld
Stranger Things
Better Call Saul
Jessica Jones
Daredevil
Preacher
Mr Robot

Outlander
Marco polo
Homeland

One more for Peaky Blinders and for Preacher

If you like the painful ones then try Last Man On Earth.

Lost and sons of anarchy this year for me, also for a bit of light relief some cougar town

Daddio

It's gotta be PSYCH. All 8 seasons of awesome binge watching.

+1

i had to keep at it for the first season or so, gets better after that

The Fall
Banshee
Californication
Sense8
American Horror Story

Daredevil, Luke Cage, Black Mirror

1. Justified - the best and concluded after six excellent seasons
2. The Wire
3. Deadwood

Stranger Things and The OA. Stranger things is a cool throw back to eighties type stuff, goonies style.

TrebleR

Stranger Things and The OA. Stranger things is a cool throw back to … Stranger Things and The OA. Stranger things is a cool throw back to eighties type stuff, goonies style.

​oh, and all the Marvel stuff, especially Jessica Jones.

Depends on what you like, so gave a wide range of genre's below I would recommend and have seen:

24 - If you haven't seen this, you must, each episode is 1 hour of real time and each series is a day.
Blacklist - James Spader is brilliant in this. If you like things like 24/Homeland etc this should fit the bill
Arrow/Flash - DC superhero shows (Arrow is a bit darker than Flash in my opinion and should start with Arrow)
Battlestar Galactica (reboot version) - A bit older, but one of the best sci-fi series around
Band of Brothers - 10 part WW2 mini series by Spielberg/Hanks - one of the finest tv series I have ever seen.
Walking Dead - zombie show which focuses a lot on the characters
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - comedy with Andy Samberg - I was put off by the E4 adverts but its actually really good.
Game of Thrones - Once you get into it, it's up there with the best TV shows around
House of Cards - US political series with Kevin Spacey (he is fantastic in this), one of the best shows on Netflix imo
Luther - UK series with Idris Elba as a disfunctional cop
The Office (US version) - personally hated the UK version but found the US version hilarious. 1st season is essentially the same script as the UK one, but after that it comes into it's own
The 100 - sci-fi show about survivors after a nuclear war

How can you judge a TV show on half of the first episode? In my opinion 2-3 episodes are needed to get a feel for the show. Breaking Bad and GOT are truly epic TV shows, and tbh the first couple of episodes of each are not even close to the best episodes they have to offer. Would highly recommend re-watching but committing to the first few episodes in one sitting.

mot mentioned yet
Bosch two seasons out of this

Ones which haven't currently been listed.
Ones with * have been completed, ones with # have been cancelled and ones with @ are on going, but are either due to new series soon or have had more shows ordered

The Killing *
The Crown @
Always Sunny in Philadelphia @
Archer @
Rick and Morty @
jPod #
The Last Kingdom @
Breakout Kings (by the guys who made Prison Break) #
Orphan Black @
Person of Interest @
Hemlock Grove *

All have a good amount of running time and are imo well worth watching.

anj78

if u like true crime making a murderer is good and complete on Netflix.

also OJ Simpson Story is great as is The Killing Fields (not the film!)

My all time faves:-

48 Hour Mystery
Ax Men
Bates Motel
Bering Sea Gold
Billions
Borgen
Boston Legal
Breaking Bad
Brotherhood
Cold Feet
Damages
Deadwood
Dexter
Gold Rush Alaska
Homicide:Life on the streets
House of Cards
Low Winter Sun
NYPD Blue
Oz
Parks & Recreation
Rescue Me
Six Feet Under
Sons of Anarchy
Southland
Spiral (engrenages)
The Bridge (Broen)
The Deadliest Catch
The First 48
The Good Wife
The Killing (Original Danish version - Forbrydelsen)
The Newsroom
The Night Of
The Shield
The Sopranos
The Street
The Tudors
The West Wing
The Wire
Third Watch
This Life
This Is Us
Those who Kill
True Blood
Underbelly
Westworld

mattmerch

mot mentioned yet Bosch two seasons out of this

Great series!

chocci

Great series!

agreed just loved the books and series is really good too

We are watching Van Helsing & Shooter at the moment,are they Netflix? not sure lol

Dark matter is good if you like Scifi - has a few hotties in there.

Original Poster

Thanks to all who replied thats given me plenty to think about watching this year will hve to quit working lol

i loved prison break and my friends who loved it also say that breaking bad is good as it, but i cant seem to get into it, fell asleep on the first episode.

khang365

+1 i had to keep at it for the first season or so, gets better after that

There's some great cameos in a few episodes too as well as some great horror movie specials.

Comment

MR1123

i loved prison break and my friends who loved it also say that breaking … i loved prison break and my friends who loved it also say that breaking bad is good as it, but i cant seem to get into it, fell asleep on the first episode.

+1
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Toyota verso camera22
    2. Suggest tablet replacement for a Lenovo Yoga 2 8.022
    3. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?54
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...88

See more discussions