What toiletries are permitted in hand luggage Ryanair.

Found 8th Nov 2012
Good Evening All -

Off on a stag do at the weekend to wonderful place of Benidorm!.......havent checked a case in as were only going for 3 days.
In the past when we have only taken hand luggage i remember they always empty out your toiletries and make you buy their over price see through plastic bags to put your gels/shower gel/toothpaste etc into.
Ive also seen them take pleasure in throwing away peoples expenisve aftershave if its of a certain size.

Does anyone know exactly the guidlines??.. is it restricted on the size of the liquids taken?

Ive been on Ryanairs website and can only find the following........

8.10.1.6 The carriage of liquids, aerosols and gels into the security restricted area of an airport and onboard aircraft is controlled in accordance with current EU Security Requirements.

18 Comments

*sigh* The third result if you google "EU Security Requirements" is a Ryanair page! oO

ryanair.com/en/…-EN

Banned

Any now are fine

even scissors and stuff are allowed in hand luggage

churchill

Any now are fineeven scissors and stuff are allowed in hand luggage

I heard that too, what about guns?

Banned

g1bbuk

I heard that too, what about guns?

Yeah but only if the gun and the bullets are in separate carrier bags within the hand luggage

Original Poster

Thanks mate - just sent that link onto our facebook page for the stag do - much appreciated.

cdm22

*sigh* The third result if you google "EU Security Requirements" is a … *sigh* The third result if you google "EU Security Requirements" is a Ryanair page! oO ;)http://www.ryanair.com/en/notices/060811-UK-EN

Banned

Should have known........

There security is lax at airports, there restrict to 100ml containers, I assume for reasons to do with explosives, but you can take more than one 100ml container, when you are through to boarding lounge what can you buy 500ml pop bottles! I leave the rest to your imagination, so it is all a waste of time really isn't it.

Banned

How is it a waste of time you idiot? Do you think a terrorist is going to go into WH Smith after security to buy 1 specific bottle with explosive liquid in it amongst the hundreds of others?

dimebars

How is it a waste of time you idiot? Do you think a terrorist is going to … How is it a waste of time you idiot? Do you think a terrorist is going to go into WH Smith after security to buy 1 specific bottle with explosive liquid in it amongst the hundreds of others?

I think he meant you could buy a 500ml bottle, empty it, then fill it up with the 5x100ml bottles of explosives you safely brought through.

Banned

Why would you bother if you'd successfully smuggled 5x100ml bottles through security? Why not just leave them in the bottles?

dimebars

Why would you bother if you'd successfully smuggled 5x100ml bottles … Why would you bother if you'd successfully smuggled 5x100ml bottles through security? Why not just leave them in the bottles?

Don't know

Just pointing out what he meant. Perhaps 100ml of explosives isn't enough?

Original Poster

Its quite amusing how the same people keep turning up offering nothing but issues to a basic question.

The post was about the guidelines on what i could take in aftershave and toothpastes and the sizes......all of a sudden the post has been turned into what chemicals i could take onto a plane to blow it up!!!!

Lovely to see you calling by again dimebars - as always your help is appreciated.

its not ryanair it is the uk secuity and is the same across all uk airports.

you are allowed:

Liquids and gels in containers of no more tha 100ml and they have to be sealed in a single 1 litre ziplock bag.
Aerosols are a no no
Scissors withe blades up to 6cm are fine.
Cartrige razors are fine (think gillette mach 3 etc)
Safety razor blades (Double edge blades) are banned... (yet scissors with longer blades are fine... go figure.)

nick1981

Its quite amusing how the same people keep turning up offering nothing … Its quite amusing how the same people keep turning up offering nothing but issues to a basic question.The post was about the guidelines on what i could take in aftershave and toothpastes and the sizes......all of a sudden the post has been turned into what chemicals i could take onto a plane to blow it up!!!!Lovely to see you calling by again dimebars - as always your help is appreciated.

Comment 1 answered your question
Edited by: "sancho1983" 9th Nov 2012

Banned

It's funny how the same guy posts the same "I'm incapable of helping myself" threads.

And as said ^^^^^^ it's nothing to do with Ryanair, and comment 1 answered your question.

Original Poster

Ok - so you dont like the posts i create - or the questions i ask............... so why not just go troll elsewhere or leave comments elsewhere.

You seem to patrol the misc board like your in charge - well sadly your not, and people can ask anything they like - if you dont like it leave.

dimebars

It's funny how the same guy posts the same "I'm incapable of helping … It's funny how the same guy posts the same "I'm incapable of helping myself" threads. And as said ^^^^^^ it's nothing to do with Ryanair, and comment 1 answered your question.

Banned

If you actually read the thread, I had actually left you alone for a while

Until comment #12.

Banned

nick1981

Ok - so you dont like the posts i create - or the questions i … Ok - so you dont like the posts i create - or the questions i ask............... so why not just go troll elsewhere or leave comments elsewhere.You seem to patrol the misc board like your in charge - well sadly your not, and people can ask anything they like - if you dont like it leave.

And on the flip side, folk can comment as and when they like wherever they like

Dats da misk
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants