What tools are needed to repair Nissan Note Boot broken wires?

Found 19th Jun
Nissan Note boot wires keep breaking and ruin the connection to opening the boot and number plate number and back screen wipers. What tools do I need to repair them myself please?

14 Comments

to do it properly. I would cut the wires and solder a piece of wire between the cut piece making it longer so it doesn't stretch and break then wrap the lot in insulation tape.
you can get a soldering iron for less than a tenner and watch utube for how to solder.
very easy .

A crimp kit which will include crimp pliers and bullet crimps (male and female ) and a metre (tops ) of wire . No soldering required , just cut the offending wire/s crimp in an extra length of wire (4 crimps 2m, 2fem will be required per wire) and bobs your uncle - kit +cable should be £5 or less .
Edited by: "rogparki" 19th Jun

A soldering iron some solder heat shrink some snips some wire and some skill, make the wire long enough to push the soldered ends in to the tailgate and roof space so the wire will flex, if you solder where it flexes it will brake.

robbarraclough18

A soldering iron some solder heat shrink some snips some wire and some … A soldering iron some solder heat shrink some snips some wire and some skill, make the wire long enough to push the soldered ends in to the tailgate and roof space so the wire will flex, if you solder where it flexes it will brake.

It might break , but the brakes are hydraulic so it wont affect them .

Original Poster

Thank you. Any decent videos on youtube please? We need to do it as it is a perennial problem with Nissan Note. The boot door always in a bit of bother.

Thank you so much for the advice.

Look at scotch locks - jelly filled would be better - just stagger them in so they take less space. See if you can also more up a gauge in your replacement cable

Original Poster

I was told that soldering the wrong wires may cause damage to the car. How can people tell which wire is connected to which when there are several of them please?

Thank you for all the info.

Colour coding - do only one wire at a time
Edited by: "discobob" 23rd Jun

Original Poster

Thank you, but the wires all look the same .. In the end, it is a garage job... Nice to learn something from you all though! THANK YOU AGAIN!

All the wires will be different colours, red to red, blue to blue, red/black to red/black, blue/black to blue/black. Not rocket science.

Original Poster

shauneco

All the wires will be different colours, red to red, blue to blue, … All the wires will be different colours, red to red, blue to blue, red/black to red/black, blue/black to blue/black. Not rocket science.

No in my car. They are all white and the same size.

aym28011 m ago

No in my car. They are all white and the same size.

Sorry, Just had a look on google/youtube, Absolutely ridiculous to not have them colour coded. You would need a multi meter to sort it out then.

Original Poster

I know. I asked someone from Halford and he said if you fused the wrong bits, it can damage the battery or damage something. We were so scared that we wouldn't want to touch it. Take it to the garage and the woman quoted £48 and then the man finished the job and probably looked at my son who looked like a boy and asked for £68, which was out of order. He should have told my son that it would cost X amount as there were some more wires to be soldered. No, he finished the job and landed us a bombshell. I should have told me that. But as we needed the car for holiday and MOT re-test, I told the man that my son had only got £60 which he accepted. However, it would still be cheaper than the amount quoted in the MOT place.

aym2807 h, 17 m ago

I know. I asked someone from Halford and he said if you fused the wrong …I know. I asked someone from Halford and he said if you fused the wrong bits, it can damage the battery or damage something. We were so scared that we wouldn't want to touch it. Take it to the garage and the woman quoted £48 and then the man finished the job and probably looked at my son who looked like a boy and asked for £68, which was out of order. He should have told my son that it would cost X amount as there were some more wires to be soldered. No, he finished the job and landed us a bombshell. I should have told me that. But as we needed the car for holiday and MOT re-test, I told the man that my son had only got £60 which he accepted. However, it would still be cheaper than the amount quoted in the MOT place.

It would have blown a fuse or a bulb, Unlikely to do any other lasting damage etc.. It is probably a little complicated, Trial and error unless you know how to use a multi meter. That does take the wee a little, Still you live and learn.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52473
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!22
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11

See more discussions