What trivial thing makes you automatically vote cold?

Found 11th Dec 2017Edited by:"ScroopEgerton"
We all do it.
Something annoying about the post? Instant cold vote, regardless of the deal.
Well I do it anyway. Maybe I'm just grumpy.

Here are a few things that bug me enough to warrant an instant 'cold':

-Saying "Enjoy!" at the end of a deal. Don't tell ME what to enjoy! COLD.

-Too much irrelevant info. "I bought one of these for my daughters friend, she loves it, might get a couple more for her cat.." blah blah blah COLD!

-Poor grammar. There/they're/their are different words. Also, we're not texting in the 1990s, you have enough characters not to have to type the letter u instead of 'you'.

-LOLling. Are you really laughing out loud whilst posting this deal? COLD.

That's just a few of mine, leats hear yours.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
"retention", it's not a deal, just the result of haggling with someone on the phone.
Edited by: "IamMT" 11th Dec 2017
Oh...and anyone who posts in CAPITALS or adds loads of !!!!!! at the end of the deal....

sorry...SHOUTING at me get you an instant cold vote from me....
People questioning my voting.... makes me vote cold!
Go easy first deal

people quoting rrp that has never been that price

people who compare the price of a food item such as a pizza in supermarket to a restaurant

people who say that you should only be allowed to vote after you have written an explantion of the way you voted
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 11th Dec 2017
31 Comments
GAVINLEWISHUKD9 m ago

But how would they do that until you've already... Ohhh... I see what you did.. you scamp..
When people just straight Copy and paste deals for "Up to 50% off at some store etc...with no real information or thought as to whether its a good deal or now....

The type of emails the rest of us get as regular spam daily and just ignore...

No deal effort, no heat.... sorry.
Oh...and anyone who posts in CAPITALS or adds loads of !!!!!! at the end of the deal....

sorry...SHOUTING at me get you an instant cold vote from me....
Go easy first deal

people quoting rrp that has never been that price

people who compare the price of a food item such as a pizza in supermarket to a restaurant

people who say that you should only be allowed to vote after you have written an explantion of the way you voted
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 11th Dec 2017
Any cheap, yet, vastly overpriced tat, with a £4.99 delivery charge whacked on top of it from Sports Direct.

I really shouldn’t cold-vote, but it rips my knitting
I vote cold automatically if the price is cheaper somewhere else.

I also don't give special dispensation for brands, if something is basically the same item for much more because of a label i vote cold unless there is an obvious difference in quality to go along with that brand.
PC world posts - they ripped me off when I ordered £100 worth of software and then when it got delivered somewhere else they refused to take responsibility and told me to go asking around the neighborhood (which I did, no luck).

I kept chasing but they stopped responding to my e-mails, so anything from PC world - cold.
Technically this would also include Curries as they bought them out, but I let those deals slide...
Reposts. Off top off my head; the 4 pack £1.40 pledge deal making a weekly appearance.

And then deals that surely everyone eligible will have been emailed about, e.g the Ebay £1 offers.

however I’d liketo think I’m not a serial cold voter, always like to heat it up, where it’s due
Using the tern Glitch, when its simply an offer.

Lazy links, up to 70% off, with no example of a deal.
"retention", it's not a deal, just the result of haggling with someone on the phone.
Edited by: "IamMT" 11th Dec 2017
Fosters
"Email invite only"
"Selected Accounts"
I don't vote cold. It's a man thing.
When people state ' this went hot at £x amount.....' automatically inferring that their deal should therefore go hot as well. Just post your deal and if people like it they'll vote hot for it, you don't need to try and justify it.
badger260911 m ago

When people state ' this went hot at £x amount.....' automatically …When people state ' this went hot at £x amount.....' automatically inferring that their deal should therefore go hot as well. Just post your deal and if people like it they'll vote hot for it, you don't need to try and justify it.

Agreed! I had a memory card that went stupidly hot for some reason.
You can now get double the capacity for well below half that price that don't get anywhere near that heat... (haha!)
When someone posts several deals in a row for the same place clogging up the deals page, for example if Topshop has a sale and they post 10 different deals for items in the sale.
badger260933 m ago

When people state ' this went hot at £x amount.....' automatically …When people state ' this went hot at £x amount.....' automatically inferring that their deal should therefore go hot as well. Just post your deal and if people like it they'll vote hot for it, you don't need to try and justify it.

Or "It's back again!!!"
Flame deer-related deals...
IamMT2 m ago

Flame deer-related deals...

yes, this too.
They're coming too
sparky11109152 m ago

When someone posts several deals in a row for the same place clogging up …When someone posts several deals in a row for the same place clogging up the deals page, for example if Topshop has a sale and they post 10 different deals for items in the sale.

Ohh yes. Click on all their deals and vote cold on the lot.
Anyone who says "leats"
I am nice, I tend to scroll by and only vote hot
People who put their username at the end of sentences
mattmerch11 h, 25 m ago

Go easy first deal people quoting rrp that has never been that pricepeople …Go easy first deal people quoting rrp that has never been that pricepeople who compare the price of a food item such as a pizza in supermarket to a restaurantpeople who say that you should only be allowed to vote after you have written an explantion of the way you voted

To be fair on the comment on vote. That was a site recommendation, not sure if still is.
If it's a Gearbest deal. They've got a recurring issue in which their staff steal phones and tablets from people's parcels, and every time this happens, Gearbest fob people off by blaming the courier (whichever it might be) and refusing to issue a refund or re-send the goods. I kinda feel like it's my civic duty to downvote every product listed from that company until they start handling those cases correctly.
People who farm their deals. Meaning where the OP seems to stay in their deal thread constantly to immediately rebut anyone who has anything bad to say about the product or deal, as though they're a paid defender of the retailer/manufacturer in question.
I thought only pathetic squaroids had a list of automatic triggers to vote cold
nothing sadder than someone bringing negativity to a posting with something like 'very handy for thousands of people but technically not a deal in AV, it should actually be posted in the grocery vouchers section so cold from me' as if the world will stop revolving

I know a lot of people vote based on what they consider expensive. this site isn't about what you can afford or your interpretation of value! it's about getting the best deal forthat item! I don't care if you can't afford £999 for a pair of headphones, if they're reduced from £24,999, that's a stonking deal!
For some reason I coldvote all super eds (super ted image) posts. Idk why
Edited by: "spyro123" 12th Dec 2017
Mega lists from sales, with no explanation of why it's a good deal, what items are good value or why they posted it. We can all copy paste.
DennisG10 h, 14 m ago

I thought only pathetic squaroids had a list of automatic triggers to vote …I thought only pathetic squaroids had a list of automatic triggers to vote coldnothing sadder than someone bringing negativity to a posting with something like 'very handy for thousands of people but technically not a deal in AV, it should actually be posted in the grocery vouchers section so cold from me' as if the world will stop revolvingI know a lot of people vote based on what they consider expensive. this site isn't about what you can afford or your interpretation of value! it's about getting the best deal for that item! I don't care if you can't afford £999 for a pair of headphones, if they're reduced from £24,999, that's a stonking deal!

Wow, we are judgy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants