what tv do i get?

been looking at getting a tv for the bedroom around a 22", ive seen one on best buy website samsung full hd lcd 2.5" for i think it was £180 and there is one on the argos website which is a led tv i think but it says lcd/led tv.

has anyone seen anything for around £200 which would be any good, i think id like 1080p as a main thing but then i dont really know a lot bout led tv's, are they just thinner?

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

8 Comments

You don't need 1080p for a 22" screen. You won't be able to see the difference.

Original Poster

Not too clued up about tv's to be honest. So on a 22" screen 1080p wouldn't make that much difference? Are led tv's slim and would it be good for playing playstation and watching blu rays? Cheers all
Edited by: "sensation" 29th Nov 2010

I have a LCD tv used for xbox 360 blurays and freeview. People are right saying you won't notice much difference between 1080p and 720p. But they do make them 1080p for a reason. Or they wouldn't make them... :-/

sensation

Not too clued up about tv's to be honest. So on a 22" screen 1080p … Not too clued up about tv's to be honest. So on a 22" screen 1080p wouldn't make that much difference? Are led tv's slim and would it be good for playing playstation and watching blu rays? Cheers all

Edited by: "lukeyd" 9th Jan 2011

Resolution only really effects the bigger screens, in fact I def wouldnt reccomend the 1080p screens on smaller tvs as it just would make things like text almost impossible to read at 1080p

The way to think about resolution is in terms of detail, if you had a large tv at 1080p and a movie at 720p and same movie at 1080p you could tell difference since the amount of fine details like sharpness and colour would be better on the higher resolution and look less stretched etc, likewise on the smaller sreens because the screen size is smaller there is no real gain as the details dont need to be stretched so the extra resolution is basically wasted.

There isnt much 1080p content out there anyway, 1080i which isnt true 1080 resolution(just 720p upscaled) so its only certain PS3 games or all blu rays that are 1080p

You should only get a 1080p resolution tv if it costs a tiny bit more than a 720p tv or you get a big tv.

lukeyd

I have a LCD tv used for xbox 360 blurays and freeview. People are right … I have a LCD tv used for xbox 360 blurays and freeview. People are right saying you won't notice much difference between 1080p and 720p. But they do make them 1080p for a reason. Or they wouldn't make them... :-/

So people like you buy them?

Banned

sensation

Not too clued up about tv's to be honest. So on a 22" screen 1080p … Not too clued up about tv's to be honest. So on a 22" screen 1080p wouldn't make that much difference? Are led tv's slim and would it be good for playing playstation and watching blu rays? Cheers all

on a 22" screen 1080p wouldn't make ANY difference unless you plan to sit within 1 foot of the screen

LED tvs you refer to are LCD tvs. Dont be fooled by the marketing spiel.

The only real reson for 1080 on a small screen is if you are going to use it as a computer monitor too.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    2. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    4. GOT Leaks again614

See more discussions