Groups
    EXPIRED

What type of cable do I need?

Banned
    I like watching sky player quite often, but would prefer to connect the stream to my tv. What type of cable do I need to set up my laptop to the tv?

Rep given to all helpers. Thanks in advance.

David.

6 Comments

what connections have you got on your tv?
    Usually vga is the best solution.

Original Poster Banned

deathtrap3000;4600798

what connections have you got on your tv?Usually vga is the best solution.

It's just a standard non hd Panasonic tv. I'm sure it will have a vga output, but I'm no expert. Is this all I need? For the sound would I just plug a cable from the headphones socket on my laptop to the tv socket? (Sorry to sound thick!)

if its a standard non HD TV i.e. CRT (fat) then it will probably be lacking a VGA input, your PC will probably have a VGA output, or DVI (which is HD) google them for pics to determine which, if you want to watch VGA signal on a tv without VGA connection you can buy convertors for around £30 I think, maplins had one called little black box I think that allows you to connect it via scart hope that helps

Original Poster Banned

bfjem;4600852

if its a standard non HD TV i.e. CRT (fat) then it will probably be … if its a standard non HD TV i.e. CRT (fat) then it will probably be lacking a VGA input, your PC will probably have a VGA output, or DVI (which is HD) google them for pics to determine which, if you want to watch VGA signal on a tv without VGA connection you can buy convertors for around £30 I think, maplins had one called little black box I think that allows you to connect it via scart hope that helps

My laptop has both a vga output and dvi. I will check my tv later on this evening, cheers for the advice.

You may have an S-Video output on your laptop - if you do, you can use this instead. You'll still need an audio feed in any instance, so an 3.5" stereo audio jack to L/R Phono will be required (or along those lines).

Original Poster Banned

Thanks, rep all round.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      2. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1111
      4. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515

See more discussions