Found 4th May 2009
Hi! Does anyone know what type flooring this is and where I could get something similar?

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
25 Comments

Original Poster

http://freshome.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/loft-apartment-in-london-by-urban-spaces-1.jpg

Banned

It is lyno?
Or has it been plastered?
Lol - Im prob totally wrong

Original Poster

NintySix;5113490

It is lyno?Or has it been plastered?Lol - Im prob totally wrong

Lyno?!!! Really? I thought that they have stoped making lyno in early 1990's.... :w00t:

Banned

zaro777;5113508

Lyno?!!! Really? I thought that they have stoped making lyno in early … Lyno?!!! Really? I thought that they have stoped making lyno in early 1990's.... :w00t:

Lol :-D:-D:-D

It's actually called Vinyl nowadays!!!

Banned

smithers;5113568

It's actually called Vinyl nowadays!!!

:?

lino,,,
Linoleum (informally abbreviated to lino) is a floor covering made from solidified linseed oil (linoxyn) in combination with wood flour or cork dust over a burlap or canvas backing. Pigments may be added to the materials used. The finest linoleum floors, known as 'inlaid', are extremely durable; they are made by joining and inlaying solid pieces of linoleum. Cheaper patterned linoleums came in different grades or gauges, and were printed with thinner layers which were more prone to wear and tear. Good quality linoleum is sufficiently flexible to be used in buildings in which more rigid material (such as ceramic tile) would crack.

Original Poster

longbowassassin;5113661

lino,,,Linoleum (informally abbreviated to lino) is a floor covering made … lino,,,Linoleum (informally abbreviated to lino) is a floor covering made from solidified linseed oil (linoxyn) in combination with wood flour or cork dust over a burlap or canvas backing. Pigments may be added to the materials used. The finest linoleum floors, known as 'inlaid', are extremely durable; they are made by joining and inlaying solid pieces of linoleum. Cheaper patterned linoleums came in different grades or gauges, and were printed with thinner layers which were more prone to wear and tear. Good quality linoleum is sufficiently flexible to be used in buildings in which more rigid material (such as ceramic tile) would crack.

God bless Google! :-D

Do you think that is lino in the pic above?

vinyl and lino are two different things.

zaro777;5113694

God bless Google! :-DDo you think that is lino in the pic above?

Is the flooring rough to feel? Smooth? Have you any idea how thick it is?

Original Poster

Jed Maxwell;5113719

Is the flooring rough to feel? Smooth? Have you any idea how thick it is?

No, I have never seen this - only in pics.

it's white. that's bad. very very very very bad.......lol

is it not marble

oh ok, I thought you'd moved into the house and were looking to cover other areas in it. Probably have your work cut out then. Did you get the picture from a website? E-mail the webmaster? lol

Might be worth a try.

zaro777;5113694

God bless Google! :-DDo you think that is lino in the pic above?

Wikipedia actually,,,

en.wikipedia.org/wik…eum

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Jed Maxwell;5113763

oh ok, I thought you'd moved into the house and were looking to cover … oh ok, I thought you'd moved into the house and were looking to cover other areas in it. Probably have your work cut out then. Did you get the picture from a website? E-mail the webmaster? lol Might be worth a try.

Thanks, will take this pic to a local flooring shop and see what they say. :thumbsup:

There's absolutely no way anyone can tell you what that flooring is from that picture alone.

Could possibly be polished concrete, concrete can incredibly be laid and buffed to a high shine glossy surface!

harlzter;5114108

Could possibly be polished concrete, concrete can incredibly be laid and … Could possibly be polished concrete, concrete can incredibly be laid and buffed to a high shine glossy surface!

More Info

whatprice.co.uk/dec…tml

and I love this guys worktops made from concrete.

Original Poster

harlzter;5114205

More Infohttp://www.whatprice.co.uk/decorating/polished-concrete.htmland … More Infohttp://www.whatprice.co.uk/decorating/polished-concrete.htmland I love this guys worktops made from concrete.

Wow I am impressed!!!! Do you know how much that would cost? We are buying a loft apartment and I am sure that there is concrete under the laminate and carpets!

that to me looks like living room flooring....thanks me later

Banned

could be concrete its quite popular theses days you can also have lots of different pieces set inside it like shiny glitter. pebbles, stars and what not.....probably better suited to warmer climates tho tbh ......oz n the like

You guys have all failed the test, the point of which was to see if anyone noticed the artwork of near [SIZE=6][COLOR=Blue]naked ladies[/COLOR][/SIZE], the op informs you all FAIL!!!!

Original Poster

harlzter;5116007

You guys have all failed the test, the point of which was to see if … You guys have all failed the test, the point of which was to see if anyone noticed the artwork of near [SIZE=6][COLOR=Blue]naked ladies[/COLOR][/SIZE], the op informs you all FAIL!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Coming up to bonfire night ...2335
    2. Misco about to go into administration1014
    3. Free escape route from TalkMobile to Vodafone11
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…1834

See more discussions