Groups

What type of graphics card do i need?

Hi, Can ya help? I bought A HP Compaq dc7900 small form factor pc, and want to add a hdmi graphics card. im little out of date when it comes to motherboard connections. The last thing i upgraded was usb card which was pci. Now there are a few versions of . Anyone know which will fit in this p.c.

h10010.www1.hp.com/wwp…ev/

5 Comments

Original Poster

h10010.www1.hp.com/wwp…jpg[IMG]

the back plates look very short, so do i need a low profile card. Also anyone know where i can get a cheap one, dont need it for gaming.

Slots
    1 low-profile PCI, 2 low-profile PCI Express x16, 1 low-profile PCI Express x1
    from hp site.

Banned

low profile pci express, check your psu, you can probably only run an ati 4550, the only modern low power card with hdmi i know of

ebuyer.com/pro…559

Original Poster

jubbyme;8730647

low profile pci express, check your psu, you can probably only run an ati … low profile pci express, check your psu, you can probably only run an ati 4550, the only modern low power card with hdmi i know ofhttp://www.ebuyer.com/product/161559

cheers, so graphics cards depend on psus? What does x16 or x1 mean?

Banned

DE4L3R;8730695

cheers, so graphics cards depend on psus? What does x16 or x1 mean?

the pcix16 is for video cards, pc1 is for other accessory cards, the x16 is high performance for the video cards need to access the system more

yes, many cards use lots of psu power, and on most pre built systems, they dont have much psu power to spare, and even less on compact systems

for the few quid, the 4550 is much better!, not sure if the 4350 has things like hd decoding and such
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764220
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1625
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1219
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31140

See more discussions