What type of hinge is this?

Found 31st Mar
2919002-XSnEv.jpgDoes anyone know what type of hinge this is called? The Mrs has bought an old bureau and I need a left hand and right hand version of this hinge. I've tried searching for bureau hinge, strap hinge (with slide/stop), hook hinge, unequal hinge etc with no joy.
TIA.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments
drop front desk hinge, however there are different types of this hinge so you will have to match it
Try bureau stay, as they're called that, or desk stays.
Sneakingtester2 m ago

cabinet lid stay with guide

That's a stay, he's looking for a hinge with built in stay.
Original Poster
Sneakingtester5 m ago

cabinet lid stay with guide

Thanks, that doesn't seem to incorporate the hinge itself though
I doubt very much you will get the exact match so might be best to get something as close to it. You might have to do either a little chiselling and or filling with a coloured wood filler. Get solid brass though it will look better.
Original Poster
caverncity3 m ago

I doubt very much you will get the exact match so might be best to get …I doubt very much you will get the exact match so might be best to get something as close to it. You might have to do either a little chiselling and or filling with a coloured wood filler. Get solid brass though it will look better.

Yeah I thought that, not afraid of a little carpentry! It's tricky trying to find something in keeping with the look of the bureau, she's happy with anything that works but there's no way I'm putting anything with white plastic or stainless steel in it!
Original Poster
33550671-I4Uuj.jpgShe only paid £15 for the thing on gumtree, wish she hadn't bothered!
craigstephens43 m ago

[Image] She only paid £15 for the thing on gumtree, wish she hadn't …[Image] She only paid £15 for the thing on gumtree, wish she hadn't bothered!

Damn, that's a bargain. She's got a good eye. That will make a great console table.
Lift up lid stay C. J . Johns & Sons
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants